Transfer Case Problem?

New to the board. I have been a member of the Corvette Forum for years now and found it to be a very useful way to keep my money and car out of the hands of the local dealer. So now that I have purchased a 1995 Z71 I found this forum. So far I have read some very useful posts but have had no luck finding one that discusses the issue that I am having.

The Problem:

When driving down the road (varying speeds) the transfer case will pop out of 2H into neutral. Am I not locking it correctly when I put it in 2H?

Any help would be appreciated...

NIX

New to the board.  I have been a member of the Corvette Forum for years now and found it to be a very useful way to keep my money and car out of the hands of the local dealer.  So now that I have purchased a 1995 Z71 I found this forum.  So far I have read some very useful posts but have had no luck finding one that discusses the issue that I am having.

The Problem:

When driving down the road (varying speeds) the transfer case will pop out of 2H into neutral.  Am I not locking it correctly when I put it in 2H?

Any help would be appreciated...

NIX

I'm guessing this is a manual shift tranfer case if it is...

the ony things that wouls cuase your problem would be

1.) a synchronizer hub not locking on the synchronizer sleeve due to worn/broke synchronizer retainer or strut

2.) a bent/worn range fork

3.) or too much play in shift linkages

I'm guessing this is a manual shift tranfer case if it is...

the ony things that wouls cuase your problem would be

1.) a synchronizer hub not locking on the synchronizer sleeve due to worn/broke synchronizer retainer or strut

2.) a bent/worn range fork

3.) or too much play in shift linkages

Thanks for the info.........

Archived