Normal Oil leak

05_2500HD

Question

0 answers to this question

I hhave the exact same problem.

Idiot dealer says they can't find it, even with the dye. I cleaned it up changed the oil...spotless under the truck for the first 50 miles. Wet again and you can see the dye under a blacklight.

Rear main, oil pan, and oil filter adapter is leaking......I am going to ditch the Mobil 1 and go back to Dino once they fix it.

I do NOT want to have this truck torn apart--needless to say I was quite pissed off.

Idiot dealer says they can't find it, even with the dye.  I cleaned it up changed the oil...spotless under the truck for the first  50 miles.  Wet again and you can see the dye under a blacklight. 

Rear main, oil pan, and oil filter adapter is leaking......I am going to ditch the Mobil 1 and go back to Dino once they fix it.

I do NOT want to have this truck torn apart--needless to say I was quite pissed off.

I am thinking the SAME thing...I NEVER have this problem with dino oil....

Idiot dealer says they can't find it, even with the dye.   I cleaned it up changed the oil...spotless under the truck for the first  50 miles.  Wet again and you can see the dye under a blacklight. 

I am thinking the SAME thing...I NEVER have this problem with dino oil....

I *never* have this problem with M1.

Keep the blame where it's due: GM. It's not Mobil's fault.

My 94 Suburban 350 and 98 K3500 454 both leak at the rear main. Sure, I could tear the thing all apart and replace the seals, or I can put an extra quart of oil in between changes. Hmm... $2 every few months, or a couple hundred $$$ for new seals. Easy choice for me. The newer engines do seal better, and at only 8K miles, I'd be using that warranty.

Archived