roof marker lights

One thing we have to watch out for here in PA, when adding lights, is that it's technically illegal to have any "non factory equipped" lights.

Most inspection shops wont say much about it, but when the local boys in blue haven't had their donut fix, they can get picky about stuff like that.

As far as 3 or 5, I personally like the look of 5.

Any parts store should have some type of cab light, unless you're looking for stock style, which then I'd suggest ebay.

When mounting, you'll be drilling into the cab roof, so be sure to use plenty of sealant !!! Don't only rely on the gaskets to keep out water.

You'll then have to get the wires into the cab. This could be slightly tricky.

The previous owner of my truck installed the Lund lighted visor, and just drilled straight through the drivers side windshield pillar, but didn't pay attention to how the wires were routed once the interior trim was re-installed, which ended up eventually pinching the wires and shorting them out.

Good luck on whatever ya decide to do.

475.gif

Here's some FYI on cab lights.........

The two outside lights are known as clearance lights, the three inner ones as marker lights.

Many truck aftermarket vendors sell these. Do a google search for "Pacer Hi-Five". Search around on this board as well. This topic comes up about every three months and many of us have installed them.

Mine uses the factory GM harness attached to the A-pillar with the harness's clip-ons. The harness plugs into an accessory socket located on the passenger side access plate.

This is an easy project, yet you need to be comfortable with the techniques. Measurement is crucial.

Many truck aftermarket vendors sell these. Do a google search for "Pacer Hi-Five". Search around on this board as well. This topic comes up about every three months and many of us have installed them.

Mine uses the factory GM harness attached to the A-pillar with the harness's clip-ons. The harness plugs into an accessory socket located on the passenger side access plate.

This is an easy project, yet you need to be comfortable with the techniques. Measurement is crucial.

where do i get the wiring harness ?

Archived