Wheels are ruined

Well I have completely ruined the left side wheels of my truck. I attempted to clean them with some diluted purple power but I guess I didnt dilute it enough. Now they look like someone took a wirebrush to them. Armor all makes them look a little better but not good enough. Does anyone know of a good place to buy new factory alloy polished wheels? Ive looked around and found some but a lot dont say if there polished or not. Thanks.

If you want to stay factory...Personally, I like the way that those OBS trucks look with the NBS aluminum rims.

You can usually pick them up for about $200 for four of them, and they will bolt right up.

This is with 285/75/16's on it.

Blazer2.jpg

.02-just recently had a simular problem with after market wheels they were very shiney aluminium .when trying to clean brake dust off the back some cleaner ran through to the front and stained them actually it removed polish, looked bad.after a lot of grief trying to find out what to do and than experimenting .it must be a secret. i finaly used eagle mag wheel cleaner witch stripted the old polish off i then used a foose power ball and mothers alumiunum polish, kept adding polish and then buffing it off until it shined .it shined like a mirror .i was amazed.this might not help you, but i hope it helps someone. ps everyone be careful of the cleaner you use on polished rims

don't freak out just yet, i manage a detail shop and i use a product i bought a few years ago when i had some aftermarket wheels on my camaro didn't think twice about getting polished aluminum... wrong! anyways long story short all four of them got chemically stained and looked horrible, after using a dozen or so rubbing compounds of various types.. i ran across a product called aluma-1 i found it at a local auto-paint shop. cost about $15 took me 45 min. to make all 4 wheels look brand new.

Along the same lines, I mistakenly used some cleaner that was designed for apparently anything but annodized aluminum on the trailer I inherited from my uncle, which coincidentally enough, apparently is annodized aluminum. Same type of thing, it took the bright finish off and left a faded look. Anyone had experience with a similar screw-up and a suggestion for correction?

Along the same lines, I mistakenly used some cleaner that was designed for apparently anything but annodized aluminum on the trailer I inherited from my uncle, which coincidentally enough, apparently is annodized aluminum.  Same type of thing, it took the bright finish off and left a faded look.  Anyone had experience with a similar screw-up?

That sounds like my luck. Out of all the products on the shelf, I always manage to buy the ONE bottle that will screw up my stuff.

Archived