Clicking>?

Hey guys...I dont think there is anything wrong because i have heard it on many other cars. But i was wondering so i will ask.

When you accelerate or are at least giving the engine some throttle i can hear a "clicking" not like metal on metal, but rather like a grandfather clocks ticking. it increases as you accelerate and decreases as you decelerate. I really dont think there is anything wrong just curious what it is?

Hey guys...I dont think there is anything wrong because i have heard it on many other cars.  But i was wondering so i will ask.

When you accelerate or are at least giving the engine some throttle i can hear a "clicking" not like metal on metal, but rather like a grandfather clocks ticking.  it increases as you accelerate and decreases as you decelerate.  I really dont think there is anything wrong just curious what it is?

Where does it seem to be coming from? I'm not sure what your refering to. I dont hear clicking on my truck. If you have the windows down and its coming from the front area, I'd say maybe check the tires as I think when gravel is stuck in the tire, it will make kind of a clicking sound. Worth a shot to look anyway :cheers:

I'm gonna go take my drunk arse to bed. Good luck!

My 2000 Silverado started making a clicking noise one day with about 97k miles on it. It was only when the driveshaft was turning, and increased with speed. It turned out to be the rear driveshaft forward u-joint. I replaced them both when I had the driveshaft out and they looked like crap when examined them. It runs fine now.

U-joints sounds about right to me...they only time i can really hear it is if i am driving with the windows down and in either a tight tunnel or a single lane road with barriars on each side to reflect the sound.

Its all good. Im anxious to see pics of your install so I can drool over it for another week or at the most two till I can order mine. I'll have to settle for a wash and wax today. Anyone bored and willing to work for "Liquid Motivation" can come on over and help :cheers:

Archived