I heard on the news the other day the stockholders tried to vote out the current executives but failed by a few votes.

Some type of buyout will happen, it has to. GM can't keep all its brands going in the current state it's in. I look for brands like Pontiac or hummer to be sold off.

Nissan is still having problems, they had to stop production on the Sentra and I believe Altima for awhile due to safety concerns about the engines consuming too much oil leading to a fire risk. And the Titan isn't exactly "reliable" the only reason it's popular is because it's big and it has more HP then the standard Silverado, F-150, and Ram.

Nissan is still having problems, they had to stop production on the Sentra and I believe Altima for awhile due to safety concerns about the engines consuming too much oil leading to a fire risk.  And the Titan isn't exactly "reliable"  the only reason it's popular is because it's big and it has more HP then the standard Silverado, F-150, and Ram.

RIGHT O ON THAT POINT

All I can say about this is if this deal happens and Nissan gains any active control over the operations or gets any of GM's technology, my last two GM auto's are in my garage right now. Nissan doesn’t offer anything in the deal. I don't know yet what I would buy instead of GM (if the deal happens), but all the same I'll be done with GM.

Yup im with you any type of partnership with nissan will be the end of gm atleast for me.There is a reason why the titan was voted biggest breaking down pos truck on the market, gm does not need this company to ruin them for good!Everthing nissan makes is cheap garbage imo!

I think everyone is getting ahead of themselves.

I am usually against this sort of thing, but if it has to happen I surely rather Nissan than anyone else. Everyone dogs on Nissan, but I know I'd be pretty happy with an Infiniti in my garage. I don't think abandoning a manufacture because they are trying to help their cause is what they need right now. Doesn't say much for everyones loyalty.

I think everyone is getting ahead of themselves.

I am usually against this sort of thing, but if it has to happen I surely rather Nissan than anyone else.  Everyone dogs on Nissan, but I know I'd be pretty happy with an Infiniti in my garage.  I don't think abandoning a manufacture because they are trying to help their cause is what they need right now.  Doesn't say much for everyones loyalty.

My loyalty is to GM. If Nissan gains control then, GM no longer exists. Every thing comming out of this nissan plant here (Canton, Mississippi) is crap even the altimas. If this is what their newist most high tech plant can do then I don't want anything from that company.

I agree just go check out some nissan boards quality on there vehicals are complete junk, merging with them would be complete suicide for this company.I would rather see them bought out by toyota which atleast has a good track record for not making complete hunks of crap like nissan!

I heard this news the other day, and my thought was why??? granted GM is going through some tough times, but why would GM even consider this merger. IMO GM makes some of the greatest trucks in the market... getting involved with ANY foreign manufacturer will only lead to the demise of their truck portion of the market. Lets face it the likes of Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc may have decent cars, but I just do not think they have a real clue what Americans want out of the full sized trucks. Granted the latest offering by Toyota and Nissan are decent for 1/2 tons, but can they really build a good full size truck that will do what any of the big three 3/4 ton and higher trucks can do?? Can anyone really see a Toyota or Nissan dually going down the road hauling a big 5'er/goose neck?? News like this makes me sick... it seems like the CEOs of America's greatest companies are thinking more about filling there wallets than loyalty to their employees and customers.

No wonder that.....well 08 silverado picture looks like a titan

+1

it seems like the CEOs of America's greatest companies are thinking more about filling there wallets than loyalty to their employees and customers.

Exactly....It doesn't matter what the employees or customer thinks...just give them there $100 million a year salary...If they get fired in 2-3 years....They still come out ahead...plus a severence pay.

I heard that Kerkorian was pushing the alliance because he wanted Carlos Ghosen, CEO of Nissan to run GM. Kerkorian doesn't like how Wagoneer is running things. I dont like the idea of Ghosen running GM, but he did really help out Nissan. I'm kind of on the fence with this issue

Yeah, Kerkorian was pushing it and the board was basically forced to go ahead and look at the proposal.

Yahoo article

Quote from article: "Legal experts and analysts said the GM board had no other option but to study Kerkorian's proposal. Without such action, the board likely would have faced shareholder lawsuits, they said."

Oh well, it's a global economy these days? GM has partnered with Saab, Isuzu and others..... :cool:

eh the titan is ok ok i admit i liked them first only because of the international harvester build mentality. take some good axles say dana get a good frame copy the ford interior stick our enging in it and ship it out the door. to bad all the good parts never work together at all.

considering all the people driving the mercades ram or mitsubishi dakota and mazda f-150 the nissan silverado prolly won't be all that bad. and heck we might get the 350 back well 34somthing whatever the titan is in ci. besides the izzuzu duramax no one complains about that.

if u'll excuse me now i'm gonna go drive my canadian built GMC riding on tires from a company owned by people in france my union is boycoting. while i diss cars and trucks made by american workers with forigen names on them; because the fat cats at the top are not americans and the american fat cats at the top told me to.

silly aint it, but yea i'm realy gonna do that. do it every day.

Archived