Caliper Bracket bolts

i am trying to replace the rotors on my 2001 silverado dually. i got to the point where i have to remove the caliper bracket bolts. i can't get them off i have tried to use a wrench and a hammer, nothing happened tried spraying it with penetating oil then tried to hit it still nothing. i don't want to round the bolt of so i stopped. does anyone have an idea to get the bolts off.

i am trying to replace the rotors on my 2001 silverado dually. i got to the point where i have to remove the caliper bracket bolts. i can't get them off i have tried to use a wrench and a hammer, nothing happened tried spraying it with penetating oil then tried to hit it still nothing. i don't want to round the bolt of so i stopped. does anyone have an idea to get the bolts off.

You either need a very long breaker bar or a very strong air impact wrench. Those bolt are put on with a lot of torque. They ususally put locktite on the threads as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

I have an 06 1500 wt 4.8 2wd. My bracket bolts are m14 (14 mm) in diam and 35 mm long not counting the head. They are 10-9 grade so dont expect to find them @ a local retail store. I ordered my from the dealer a week ago and still not here. I believe the head takes an 18 mm socket. Dont try to use 3/8 wrench. Use 1/2 inch breaker bar.

Archived