Ranchhand

mhsneon

I was wondering if anybody here has any experience on a Ranchhand full front replacement for a GMC 2500HD.  A week ago I was involved in an accident, and need a new bumper, I have been wanting to get one, and now seems like a perfect oppourtunity.

2001 Sierra 2500HD 8.1 6-spd 4.10's Reg cab 4x4

yes it was me...i got mine for 795 + 60 for install...i hear they are selling for 1000lbs plus now...

regcab, i'm not sure what the front hitch is rated at, i have used it for a removeable hitch and one of those carry all tray that you alot of surburbans running around with...i love the ranchhand, you could drill something pretty good and never feel it...its very stout

• 2 months later...

Ranch Hand makes a very good product and I have seen many on trucks back home and they all love the Ranch hand front end replacement.  They are built to take and give abuse.  If you hit or are hit with this bumper taking the hit the other car/truck will feel it.

Hmm, Dont get me wrong. If i had the cash i'd get on in a heartbeat but arent you worried that you are going to get hurt in case you hit something? What i mean is that you are twice vulnerable now. 1. your crumple zone is more rigid. 2. your Airbag will deploy later. Am i being to pessimistic?

There was a crash shown on the news here in Dallas about 2 mos ago between a Ford Superduty w/ a full front replacemant and a minivan. The minivan pulled out in front of the Ford and got t-boned. Long story short the Ford looked like it didn't have a scratch on it, people in the probaby totalled minivan in the hospital. Don't know how the airbags worked in that situation.

Archived