No reverse lights or dome light

roblandscape

I have a 2003 Gmc Sierra my reverse lightsn and dome light arent working I checked all the small fuses under the hood and by the drivers door they seem to be good. Does anyone know if the reverse lights and dome light are on the same fuse, if so what is the abbreviation on the diagram so I can go right to that fuse. Thanks alot... I got snow coming tommorrow and its pretty hard to plow without reverse lights. Thanks

• 1 month later...
I have a 2003 Gmc Sierra my reverse lightsn and dome light arent working I checked all the small fuses under the hood and by the drivers door they seem to be good. Does anyone know if the reverse lights and dome light are on the same fuse, if so what is the abbreviation on the diagram so I can go right to that fuse. Thanks alot... I got snow coming tommorrow and its pretty hard to plow without reverse lights. Thanks

I think the dome light may be on the same fuse but not totally sure. For starters replace the fuse that controls the back-up lights. I have had more than one time a fues doesn't look blown but in fact it was. i would go to the fuse box with a cheap test light and check that you have power going to the fuse. I also plow here in Maine - i had one time that some how I manage to get the truck backed way into a snow banking and ended up with a light wire being broken and grounding out on the frame. Start with a new fuse and go from there.

• 2 months later...
Fuse box on drivers side dash, lower right hand corner fuse marked "TBC-2B" (15A) controls dome and reverse lights

I am having a similar problem but the dome light works except for the two side lights on the dome light. I have an 2006 crew cab. On the center dome light there are two other lights that come on when you push the switch. These are not working. Is there a fuse just for these lights?

thanks

What I usually do to find a bad fuse. Get a 12v test light and probe all the tops of each fuse. there should be two metal terminals exposed on the top of each fuse. If you get no pwer on either end thats fine also if both ends light up your good. What you are looking for is if one end of the fuse lights up and the other end doesnt. Idk if you guys already knew this trick, comes in pretty handy for finding fuses quickly if you dont have the owners manual.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived