Engine Swapout Questions

okfllying

Question

Well i have a 2003 GMC Sierra 1500, it has a VORTEC 4300 V6 SFI Gas Engine V6 4.3L. I was wondering if i can swap out the engine for a 4.8L or a 5.3L engine.

Here is the link to the engine i see in ebay (4.3L) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...3D10%26_fvi%3D1

and the (5.3L) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-04-SILVE...11249QQtcZphoto

besides the new computer, will i need to do anything else to do the swap? thanks

0 answers to this question

besides the new computer, will i need to do anything else to do the swap? thanks

You'll need engine, wiring harness, computer, fan and fan shroud, mounts, exhaust (at least y pipe), and I'm pretty sure the front mounted accessories will be different. The tubing for the fuel hookups will be different.

You are about to enter into a large project.

Might want to check and see if the fuel pump is different also.

You'll need engine, wiring harness, computer, fan and fan shroud, mounts, exhaust (at least y pipe), and I'm pretty sure the front mounted accessories will be different. The tubing for the fuel hookups will be different.

You are about to enter into a large project.

Might want to check and see if the fuel pump is different also.

WOOOW thats allot, well the 5.3L engine is about $900 shipped. wonder how much it would cost me to take it to a shop and have it swaped out. has any one done this kind of engine upgrade here?

Salvage yards around here want about $1500 from intake to pan, INCLUDING the transmission, wiring harnass, etc. for around $1500-$2000 depending on the mileage, so I'd say that $900 for the engine alone, shipped to you...Isn't so bad.

Archived