Silverado Driveshaft Vibration

unot2fast4me

Question

I have a 06 ext cab vortec max silverado and having a bad vibration in the driveshaft when trailering and taking off from a dead stop. Dealership cant fix the problem. Truck only has 20,000 miles and is stock. I have a 2 piece shaft and noticed that the new body styles have a 1 piece. Does anyone know if i could swap my 2 piece out for a 1 piece from a new model??

0 answers to this question

Are you sure it's the drive shaft or if it's just from that area? The stealership should be able to fix it but, sometimes they just make a complete ass of themselves and pretend they can't :lol: . They'll make you wait until the warranty is out and then tell you something is wrong. It happened to my dad so he threatened to sue and they fixed the problem so he wouldn't.

The circumstances that you described under which the vibration happens lead me to believe that it is more likely torque converter shudder since it happens under a load. If a driveshaft is out of balance then it would feel as a constant vibration and change with speed regardless of whether or not your towing.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Archived