Suspension Lift

I would like to know how much these 6" kits are costing everyone.  If you could let me know the brand, how much it cost, where you got it from, and how much the install was (if you didn't do it yourself).

Thanks...  I have decided to buy a 6" suspension lift, and am taking off the body lift.  I only have the 33" tires, and plan to run those for a while, but the tires are rubbing, and are driving me crazy.  I know, I should have known, but onwards & upwards :)

Frank-

As you know, I don't have a lift yet, but when shopping, the 2 best place for prices I've found are-

www.central4wd.com

www.ntwonline.com

I was quoted ? for the lift, ? for the install.  That's on the 8 lug, harder to find & more expensive than the 6 lug.  Check those 2 sites though.

-K.C.

2 Very cool sites!   This one: http://www.4wheelparts.com/product....cat=SUS has the Rancho system for ?, but it includes the shocks and is close by!  The central 4wd stores are NO WHERE near me, all up in the northwest :) So they couldn't help me with the install, but ? sounds like a #### of a deal on the install.

I really like the Rancho setup, which one do you favor?

For awhile all I could find for mine was from Trailmaster.  Recently I found one from Rancho too.  Oh and that's for the 4' lift.  I hear good things about both and Pro Comp, but till I hit the lottery, I probably won't be getting a lift.  Here's another great site that guarantees to beat anyone's price-  http://www.truckaddons.com

They have tons of great stuff.  As far as who is close to you, there must be tons of truck performance stores near Houston.  I would think you could order it online and have someone local install it.  Even if the labor is a little more for not buying it from them, the money you'll save by ordering online should make it worth it.

(Edited by DigUout at 1:51 pm on June 19, 2001)

(Edited by DigUout at 1:53 pm on June 19, 2001)

Since you have the bdy lift installed, why not keep it and add the 6" on top of it? That way you can stuff 36's under there!  :)

From what I read Rancho is  great kit along with one other that escapes my mind right now. I personally would go Rancho because it is red.

Let us know what you do.

Later

The Rancho kit will run you cheaper than the ProComp, however, the ProComp kit will give you more height. The Rancho kit has a solid subframe as opposed to the ProComp, which is all bolt together. This makes it much more sturdier. Iv'e heard of problems coming from this bolt together subframe, you'll have to re-torque your subframe ever so often. The Pro-Comp will make more "creaking" noises that are common among all suspension lifts because of the bolt together subframe. Personally, I love my Rancho kit. But if all you want is height, then ProComp is for you!

Archived