Speaker intalls

Yup, you have to remove the door panels.  The rears are very easy....  just pull out the two screws near the armrest, pull out the small plastic piece by the handle, and then pull.  There's a bunch of push tabs that go into the door-inner panel.  The just pull out.

The fronts are the same idea.  Two screws near the handle, remove plastic thing by handle, disconnect the power window/lock wires, lift up on the panel an inch or so, then out.  Make sure that you get the wire for the light at the bottom of the door panel.  You have to get it after you lift the panel.

I think I remembered everything.  It's pretty intuitive once you get going.

As for the rear side w/o the door, I hear it's a PITA.  (I have 4 doors)

For speakers...  make sure the fronts are oversized 6 1/2".  Otherwise you won't be able to screw them to the door.  (I have a pair of regular 6 1/2s in my garage to prove it.)

HTH.

No.  You can't.  The hole in the door inner panel that you mount to is flanged outboard and the diameter of the hole is such that on a regular 6.5" speaker, the screw holes will be right on the fillet of the flange.  Pioneer makes oversized 6.5 which have mounting tabs on the outside of the speaker.....  making the diameter of the ring of mounting screws larger than 6.5!  Yes.  You still have to drill your own holes as GM likes to use these plastic tabs that are integral to the speaker that fit into holes in the inner panel.

Have you ever taken your door panel off??  Who said anything about custom fit?

I'm trying to help out someone going stereo shopping by letting them know that if you don't want to have to find some type of adaptor plate, buy an oversized 6.5!

abs is some of the easiest stuff to work with  had to make mounts for my kicker nd25 tweeters.

and heres how I solved the fitting question for my mids or should I say the shop I worked for solved the problem lol

MVC154F.JPG

Have you ever taken your door panel off??  Who said anything about custom fit?  I'm trying to help out someone going stereo shopping by letting them know that if you don't want to have to find some type of adaptor plate, buy an oversized 6.5!

Yes i have taken off my door panels, in fact ive installed an entire system myself including all new wire etc so i have a slight idea of what im saying.  I ordered my component sets from crutchfield and they came with adapters from both crutchfield and Blaupunkt, but in the end i threw them all away and just screwed the suckers in with no adapter.  they were regular 6.5's

nah  I just want alot of voice because I run such heavy bass and with the rap and rock I listen to   I need the highs..

plus I already had the components out of my monte carlo I got rid of for the silv  lol  no use to buy new at the time

Archived