Gmc K 1500 4x4 Doesnt Stay Running

(95 gmc k1500 4x4, reg cab short bed.)

I was driving one night, then it seemed like it was losing power, so i was feathering the gas pedal, and it kept doing so, so i pulled into a parking lot and it stalled. The trucks been doin that ever since, i cant drive it.

Any suggestions?

Had an issue close to that one as well, I started at the fuel tank, then ended up at the dist. cap and button. Funny thing is, it was the last thing I tried that fixed it. ( it always is ). I have continued to run Lucas injector cleaner through the system at every fill up since. I know it was the cap and button, however, your fuel system can always use a good cleaning!

Good Luck!

I'd guess its your fuel pump.With the in tank pumps you need to keep at least a 1/4 tank in it because the fuel is what keeps the fuel pump cool run it low to many times and it will take a crap on ya.

Quick check is have a helper turn the key on while you lay down next to the tank holding your hand on it, listening/feeling for the pump should come on for about 8-10 seconds then shut off.

Steve

Had an issue close to that one as well, I started at the fuel tank, then ended up at the dist. cap and button. Funny thing is, it was the last thing I tried that fixed it. ( it always is ). I have continued to run Lucas injector cleaner through the system at every fill up since. I know it was the cap and button, however, your fuel system can always use a good cleaning!

Good Luck!

what's a cap and button?

Archived