Can't Add Garage Gallery Pictures

DofD

Hey there guys,

I am trying to add gallery pictures to the garage entry I set up. I put the URL of the picture in the "Enter a URL to an online image" box and click "Add New Image", the page thinks about it for a while and comes back but no image has been added to the gallery. I know the URL is correct, and I can add pictures to regular posts.

EG:

Dsc_0208.jpg

Ideas what's going on with adding garage pictures?

Thanks.

When I loaded this thread, I noticed the picture came up very slowly... Maybe this server didn't like the slow data transfer and gave up...? I'm also wondering if maybe this server doesn't like the port reference in your URL...? Maybe it doesn't like the ":9801" part..? :lol:

I'd probably just upload the files and forget the URL references.. :)

I can see the connection being slow at the moment since we had to install a nanny cam to track how much our babysitter sleeps during day. But that problem will be solved in a few days when the daughter starts regular day care.

I tried using a smaller picture to see if it was a timeout issue and the same thing happened. It could be the port directive in the URL, but that would be odd too since it works for pictures in regular posts.

I many just have to resort to uploading all the pictures.

It could be the port directive in the URL, but that would be odd too since it works for pictures in regular posts.

Different code doing each thing. The one processing messages just takes whatever you give it and displays it, if it can. The other one is trying to establish a connection and accept a file transfer from the link you provided. For all we know, it may be "assuming" port 80 or 8080, without allowing for the option of another port being valid.

I'm not saying that is the case. But, it could be... Heck, I could see them not accepting other ports to try to cut down on hacks, etc.. :)

I can see the connection being slow at the moment since we had to install a nanny cam to track how much our babysitter sleeps during day. But that problem will be solved in a few days when the daughter starts regular day care.

I tried using a smaller picture to see if it was a timeout issue and the same thing happened. It could be the port directive in the URL, but that would be odd too since it works for pictures in regular posts.

A nanny cam, huh? So I guess it confirmed your suspicions? :)

A nanny cam, huh? So I guess it confirmed your suspicions? :)

Yep. We know she'll nap while the daughter has a nap. Which is sort of okay. We've told her not to let the daughter sleep past 2:30 otherwise our daughter won't go to sleep at night. Then last week when I was home sick the sitter let her sleep 3.5 hours because she was asleep on the couch and didn't wake up till I went and got our daughter up. We also want to see if she sleeps while the daughter is up and if she actually does anything with our daughter or just sits there.

I ended up just uploading the pictures to the garage gallery.

I had trouble last week with my garage gallery. But I thought it was because the pictures were too large. I reduced their sizes, and it worked, for whatever reason. :lol:

Nanny cam eh? :):lol:

Sorry, I can't blame you. I'd be pissed if that was happening to me. :)

I can't load any either. I was able to delete some old ones, but I cannot upload any at all.

It's all part of the conspiracy. They are coming for your truck anyway and don't want any more pics posted of it. Then when they crush them all and GM is dead and gone and we are all driving Priuses, the memories will fade quicker. :lol:

I can't load any either. I was able to delete some old ones, but I cannot upload any at all.

It's all part of the conspiracy. They are coming for your truck anyway and don't want any more pics posted of it. Then when they crush them all and GM is dead and gone and we are all driving Priuses, the memories will fade quicker. :lol:

Oh.

Well, in that case, never mind.

Everyone but Umberto, of course!

:lol:

Archived