Caps

Brogan

A cap can look good on a pickup, a tonneau cover is another popular option. As for caps, the quality and fit can really vary from make to make, as can the available styles and colours. A cap isn't something you'd want to go cheap on.

I was thinking tonneau cover too but decided against it, for all those trips to the cottage, fishing and camping it would be nice to have a place to put the wife... er DOG in the back! So I will be looking for a good cap, the Raiders seem nice as do the Leers

I have had mixed luck with LEER... My 85 Toyota's LEER cap was great never a problem. The LEER cap I have now is a different story. I ordered the top of the line 100XQ. The cap leaked like crazy. Even if it would be a heavy dew I would get water in around the windows and the front of the cap. Kind of defeted the purpose of the cap. After three trips back to the dealer (an hour from my house) I finaly convinced them to replace the cap. The new cap is like night and day. I rarely every see water in the back now.

I love the cap on my truck. I actually never wanted a cap, but the truck I really wanted already had it...I was planning on selling it after buying...But like I said...I love the thing.

It's a Leer, and has the optional carpet liner. I added the Bedrug to complete the look in there.

It's AWESOME.

fred1.jpg

fred2.jpg

I love the cap on my truck. I actually never wanted a cap, but the truck I really wanted already had it...I was planning on selling it after buying...But like I said...I love the thing.

It's a Leer, and has the optional carpet liner. I added the Bedrug to complete the look in there.

It's AWESOME.

fred1.jpg

fred2.jpg

I like the looks of this cap with the full frameless tinted side window. Liking the looks of the full carpeting in the back too, wife... er dog would be pretty comfy back there!

I hope to get out this weekend to check some out.

caps are gay :dunno: where i'm from people actually use their trucks as trucks and don't have caps. they only people that do are 90 year old guys that are about to croak and drive their trucks to bob evans every morning. get an suv for gods sake. :D

sorry guess i got a little carried away there :chill::lol::lol:

caps are gay :chill: where i'm from people actually use their trucks as trucks and don't have caps. they only people that do are 90 year old guys that are about to croak and drive their trucks to bob evans every morning. get an suv for gods sake. :dunno:

sorry guess i got a little carried away there :lol::lol::lol:

Tell us how you really feel :D:lol:

And if I remember correctly, most toppers can be taken off. :D

caps are gay :chill: where i'm from people actually use their trucks as trucks and don't have caps. they only people that do are 90 year old guys that are about to croak and drive their trucks to bob evans every morning. get an suv for gods sake. :dunno:

sorry guess i got a little carried away there :lol::lol::lol:

That really necessary, Mr. Real Trucker? :D

It's AWESOME.

fred1.jpg

fred2.jpg

Sorry, off-topic, but that's a great looking truck :D

caps are gay :dunno: where i'm from people actually use their trucks as trucks and don't have caps. they only people that do are 90 year old guys that are about to croak and drive their trucks to bob evans every morning. get an suv for gods sake. :D

sorry guess i got a little carried away there :chill::lol::lol:

WOW... well opinions are like aholes... everybody's got one and yours stinks! :lol:

Pics of my Cap... Bought it for the roof rack and the Dog... Makes traveling/camping much easier. Since we will be upgrading to a 5th wheel soon my new Sierra will just have another roll-up cover.

Another sweet looking Leer! Truck looks great man. I agree, having the cap means I dont need to worry about the weather for the fishing/camping trips! I suppose I could always throw stuff in totes & tie em down... but that would make look like im a homeless redneck :D

Archived