Seriously... Where Is The Onstar Module In My Truck?

Paul58

Question

Before you say it, I tried search, and the last guy who posted this question was run through the wringer and never did get his question answered!

All I need to know is where is the OnStar Module located in a 2007 GMC Sierra SLT Ext Cab (GMT900) with the non-NAV Bose System, Captain Chairs?

I have purchased the CoStar BlueSTAR hands-free BlueTooth kit and I've heard it may be located behind the glove box and it may be under the center console, but before I tear the truck apart locating it, I thought I'd ask the experts!

So, have fun with me, but please help in the process! Thanks...

11 answers to this question

Ok, here it is, remove the trim plate, it just pops into place. Then you need to remove the HVAC control module which you need to remove the accessory switch assembly first which has 2 screws. The HVAC controls looks like it has 2 screws holding it in. Then you have to remove the radio which has 4 screws. Then 2 tabs you push to release the OnStar module.

Do you have this information for a 2006 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with the cd/tape radio?

Ok, here it is, remove the trim plate, it just pops into place. Then you need to remove the HVAC control module which you need to remove the accessory switch assembly first which has 2 screws. The HVAC controls looks like it has 2 screws holding it in. Then you have to remove the radio which has 4 screws. Then 2 tabs you push to release the OnStar module.

The Onstar module is located in the center panel on the dash, under the radio. You have to remove the lower dash trim panel on the driver's side to remove the lower dash trim panel in the center.

This piece here where the ash tray is located.

If you are at all curious, the part that is behind the glove compartment is the XM module.

Many thanks for pointing the OnStar location out. I had to run a wire from that module to the OEM nav system I was installing. This saved me a lot of guesswork when I ran across this thread :thumbs:

i have chevy 2500 2008 model,it was missing the radio nd onstar box,iv replacd radio but the onstar box is expensive,does it hav to b installed for onstar to track vehicle .

OK I am in the same boat....I have a 2011 GMC Sierra ext cab 4X4 and I would like to install the bluestar also....So I need to know where the onstar module is......Thanks for any help

Rob

Oh dang, the SLT dash is different you have to remove that face plate from around the radio if I remember correctly. Then I believe you have to remove the A/C controls. I don't have my Helm manual with me so I can't look it up. I have the Chevy equivelant of the SLE dash. When I get home I'll look it up if no one else has chimed in.

The Onstar module is located in the center panel on the dash, under the radio. You have to remove the lower dash trim panel on the driver's side to remove the lower dash trim panel in the center.

This piece here where the ash tray is located.

If you are at all curious, the part that is behind the glove compartment is the XM module.

Awesome! Thanks for the help... Any other tips on removing these panels so I don't screw up anything? I don't think I have the ashtray, of if so never noticed it... Also, that appears to be the SLE Dash, not the SLT dash, are they in the same location regardless of the dash you have? I have the SLT Dash... Thanks...

Archived