Number retirement petition for Earnhardt

Guest Friz

I have stated that I am not much of a Nascar fan but in my opinion,it would be a travesty to let anyone else race under number 3.

If anyone else feels the same use the link below and sign the petition to have the intimidators' #3 retired.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/pet...sign.cgi?DaleE3

(Edited by yZR2k at 2:16 pm on Feb. 19, 2001)

(Edited by yZR2k at 2:17 pm on Feb. 19, 2001)

I didn't even look at the petition. The only people that can retire a number are NASCAR and the owner. NASCAR won't because Dale was no more important than any of the other drivers who have died in NASCAR history. RCR may retire it, but I'm sure that they are being inundated with emails and information requests.

I don't want to be the one name that they remember when they tire of hearing stuff like this.

Quote: from General Lee 01 on 11:27 pm on Feb. 19, 2001

Honestly I don't think Dale Jr is gonna Drive the No. 3. I'd be very surprised if he did.

I feel the same way.  He has a commitment with Budweiser, although he would obviously be the best choice.   I do feel that if Goodwrench stays in NASCAR, which I'm sure it will, they would have to change the paint scheme.  Other than the special paint schemes for occational races, it hasn't changed since 1988.  That car and it's paint scheme is as much Dale Earnhardt as that unique #3.

I agree about Goodwrench, They'll have to put more silver or something.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the reason I don't think Dale Jr. is gonna drive No. 3 is because he'll have his own  legacy with the red No. 8. I think Dale Sr. would want him to continue in his own car, not Dale Sr's.

Then again, Dale Jr. could maybe have a deal between Budweiser and Goodwrench to have the No. 8 car in half red and half black. Or he could go with Goodwrench alltogether and let Budweiser go.

But, I could be wrong. I've been shocked before, I'll most likely get shocked again.

Look at me I'm going on and on about the sponsors like they're the important factor in all this. After all, they're just sponsors. Just words of a company slashed all over these cars like rolling billboards.

Ok, I'll stop my rambling on and leave it with what I just said.  

Archived