Popular Mods On The 6.0 Vortec

Shorty headers. They bolt directly into place without modification. I have a friend who did it on his 2500 with great results. Whether people want to believe it or not. He tows regular 8600 lbs with his 2500 and noticed instant improvement.

say i'll be going with Hooker shorties, the Magnacharger and a mild cam to go with it....

what horsepower should i be expecting ?

am i right that everything from a 5.3 will fit on the 6.0 as they are both LS1 ? or am i just talking shit here ?

If you are going to get headers, you might as well go with LTs or just stick with your stockers. The shorties do have a gain, but it is minimal compared to LTs.

Here is what I suggest to folks wanting to upgrade their trucks:

Stage One: intake, exhaust, tune

Stage Two: cam, headers, efans, gears

Stage Three: blower, transmission, torque converter

Thanks on the advice, i think your plan is just about close to what i have in mind, but i'm not a fan of these oil lubricated air filters that kill my MAFs....

However i have a another question, how do i determine wich motor i've got.... what are they called LQ4 and LQ9 or something ?

Remember it's a 6.0 Vortec...

I don't think you have to worry about most intake filters getting gunk on your MAF, it is usually operator error when someone will "recharge" their filter. The MAF, however, is easily cleaned and should be cleaned even without an aftermarket intake filter.

You have an LQ4.

Ok, i know the speedo is off, but here is a video of the acceleration after fitting the 33"...

I feel it's sluggish :)

Truck has 4.10 Ratio (GT5)...

Yes it does seem that way. A tune would help that a bit. The 33" is where some of the sluggish is comming from, the rest is from the TM.

Does my truck have a 4L80E or a 4L60E ?
4L80

I don't want to go with the Hookers as the are specified for the 5.3 :cool:

so i'm asking if anyone has any experience with Hedman Headers ?

I'm looking at a pair of these for 300$...

http://summitracing.com/parts/HED-69690/

I want a streetable truck so i don't know if i'll be going with a cam, but i'm looking into the Magnacharger Radix.

How many horsepower can i run through my 4L80 before i need to build it to specs ?

I want to run maybe around 450-500hp with lots of TQ... are these maybe too crazy numbers ?

And what about heads ?

If i go for this pack:

http://summitracing.com/parts/SLE-12292/

Wich should i buy ? drive by wire or cable driven ?

Archived