285/70/17 On Stock Height

Just like the title says. For now i just want to get some beefier tires on since the stock 245/70/17 look really bad. I have a 2007 Sierra c1500 Will 285/70/17 tires fit on stock rims(17x7.5) and will i have any rubbing issues? I am also thinking of getting different wheels to match the truck, what offset would be best for my application?

I tried searching but all you guys are way ahead of me when it comes to suspension mods.

You might need a little leveling kit but thats easy enough. If you go with 9-9.5" wide wheels, you'll need 5.5" of backspacing. If you go with 8-8.5" wide wheels, then 4.5" of backspacing works just fine.

Steven

I don't know if you're driving an NBS or a Classic, but FWIW I saw an 03 Avalanche with 285/70R17s (Goodyear Wranglers) and they just barely cleared. I was considering putting the 285s on my 05 Sierra but realized they'd protrude past the body a bit, and I don't have fender flares. Tires protruding beyond the body is illegal here and I didn't want to add flares to make it compliant, so when time comes for new rubber I'll be getting the same size I've got, 265/70R17s. They're pretty beefy already.

As for fitting the wheel, the BFG AT/KOs are listed as fitting a 7.5-9" rim so depending on the tire you can probably squeeze them on there.

Edited by Gryphon

I don't know if you're driving an NBS or a Classic, but FWIW I saw an 03 Avalanche with 285/70R17s (Goodyear Wranglers) and they just barely cleared. I was considering putting the 285s on my 05 Sierra but realized they'd protrude past the body a bit, and I don't have fender flares. Tires protruding beyond the body is illegal here and I didn't want to add flares to make it compliant, so when time comes for new rubber I'll be getting the same size I've got, 265/70R17s. They're pretty beefy already.

As for fitting the wheel, the BFG AT/KOs are listed as fitting a 7.5-9" rim so depending on the tire you can probably squeeze them on there.

I have the NBS 07 Sierra. That picture on your signature; are those 265/70R17s?

This is a setup im looking from Tirerack. The wheel specs are Offset: +25mm Backspacing: 5.47" Bolt Pattern: 6-139

Would the bacskacing and offset work on my truck?

I will be combining these with either 265/70/17 BFG AT /KOs or if i get the leveling kit ill get 285/70/17

ultra_rogue_bml_ci3_l.jpg

Edited by 02hawk

im going to shoot for to wide on that, last gmt900 truck i did with 9 wide on wheels and bigger than 11" wide tires, had to be trimed, and that was a 4.8 4wd truck. I try to stay with no more than 11" wide of a tire, then you got to watch your style of tire as well....no M/Ts or crazy lug patterns there not measured with the size of the tire. Or if you do they have to be realy skinny like 10" wide.

just good to keep in mind.

dumb question time/ what size makes it a 32-or 33 inch tire as opposed to our 30-31(I would guess they are stock)? And will they fit on a stock 17 inch rim. My stock 17s just touch the GMC flaps when backing and turning. Also dont really want a leveling kit after reading some issues here with them.

dumb question time/ what size makes it a 32-or 33 inch tire as opposed to our 30-31(I would guess they are stock)? And will they fit on a stock 17 inch rim. My stock 17s just touch the GMC flaps when backing and turning. Also dont really want a leveling kit after reading some issues here with them.

I put 285 Firestone M/T on my 2005 4x4 with a leveling kit and they still rub, especially on the drivers side.

on a 2 wheel drive, i would think you'll be real close to rubbing 285/70/17, that's roughly 33" tall by 11.50 wide.

a little bit smaller tire would be the 265/70/17 option. they're just under 32" tall and just under 11" wide

if you're concerned with the tires being to wide, look into 255/75/17. they're just over 32" tall and 10" wide.