Volant Cai Problem

Hey Guys,

I just installed a Volant PowerCore Cold Air Intake on my 09 GMC Sierra Denali. I had my truck custom tuned w/ a DiabloSport Preditor prior to installing the Volant CAI and my LTFTs were exactly how they should be. After installing the CAI and doing some logs, My LTFTs are saying i'm running 15% rich. I've checked for air leaks and made sure everything is tight mulitple times, but they are staying at anywhere from -13 to -15%.. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Here's what my CAI looks like

http://www.truckcustomizers.com/images/pro.../K8VOL125.1.jpg

but here's a better look at what the filter looks like.

http://image.sporttruck.com/f/18286330+w75..._air_filter.jpg

Does anyone know why this is running so rich? If anything I would think it would run more lean...

You might try reinstalling the stock air box and duct and give that a check. It may be it's not directly related to the Volant and was coincidental it cropped up now.

Did you readjust your tune after the install? You may need to tweak a parameter a bit.

point is, we're "trying" to get his ltft's dialed in.. and they were - right at 0 to -1...

after he added this volant CAI with that powercore filter, he went way RICH - ltft's dropped like a brick down to -13 to -15... shouldn't happen with a CAI...

I'm not going to adjust the fueling +15% to lean it out to compensate for that, when that shouldn't be happening...

now we're investigating the CAI numbers, compiling a bunch of data to try and see what's up...

so, that's the issue he's having...

Thats what I'm trying to do is retune. I've been working w/ Lew that does custom tunes for DiabloSport, but we cannot get the LTFTs dialed in to tweak the tune.

Did you readjust your tune after the install? You may need to tweak a parameter a bit.

point is, we're "trying" to get his ltft's dialed in.. and they were - right at 0 to -1...

after he added this volant CAI with that powercore filter, he went way RICH - ltft's dropped like a brick down to -13 to -15... shouldn't happen with a CAI...

I'm not going to adjust the fueling +15% to lean it out to compensate for that, when that shouldn't be happening...

now we're investigating the CAI numbers, compiling a bunch of data to try and see what's up...

so, that's the issue he's having...

Gotcha. It is hard to tell without seeing all the peramaters. Yes, they should not drop that much.

Ok.... just did a 30 second log without a filter at all and it went even richer... went to -16% and -17% on cruising log... I'm going to put my stock airbox back on and see what the numbers show...
Cruising mode, as in the engine is running in closed loop, no WOT runs? If so, it shouldn't be taking any reading from the MAF.

In any case, your not getting enough air.(Computer wise)

Here are the Logs.. The 1st is with PowerCore filter. The second is just w/ volant Box No filter attached.

To View the .log files, you will need the Data Viewer program (DiabloSport Data Viewer)

But the CSV files can be opened in Microsoft Excel.

Cruising_Log_with_Filter.zip

cruising_log_without_Filter.zip

I'm really interested to see what the issue turns out to be. Please keep us posted to the end. Sorry couldn't be more helpful. I'm really anxious to see what happens when you put the stock box back on.

Archived