Mobil 1 Vs Pennzoil Platinum

I've been a loyal fan of mobile 1. but prices on them are getting higher and higher. theyre charging about 7.xx a quart, which means even at 7 dollars a quart, its gona cost me 42 dollars just to purchase the oil. plus filter with tax we are looking at almost $50. in journey to find cheaper oil, i stumbled across pennzoil platinum. did my research and reviews and seems like they came neck to neck. regular prices on the platinum is almost the same. i drove down to nearest kragen and found a deal. 3.99 a quart. bought 2 last boxes to stock up on them. walmart, they go for 20 dollars for a 5 quart jug, but seems like its sold out every time i stop by. so if you guys stop by kragen/o rileys or any of those branch, grab them quick! my next oil change will be in awhile but ill def update you guys on it. oh yea, do pepboys or autozone do some sort of price match?

I have been using Pennzoil Platinum in my car for some time, and I've been very happy with it. I use Pennzoil dino oil in my truck. Pennzoil has come out with a new synthetic, Pennzoil Ultra, within the last 2 months. It is $28.00 for a 5 quart jug at SELECT Wallmarts, not all Walmarts have it yet. I plan to use Ultra in the future in my car, Platinum in my wife's and I'll stick with dino in my truck. It looks like Platinum will remain in Pennzoil's lineup. Link to Pennzoil site:

http://www.pennzoil.com/#/motor-oil\

Concerning Walmart, I hate, absolutely HATE, that store, but the prices certainly are right. I buy a very limited range of items there. One of them is motor oil. They are the only store that carry the 5 quart jugs, and my car takes 10 quarts per change. And, as I said, you can't beat their motor oil prices. Don't ever try to special order from them, or ask about why they might be out of something, you will never get a straight answer. Their employees seem to be straight from the bottom of the barrel. I hate the experience every time I go into that store, but it's something I have learned to live with.

Lou

just run water, its cheaper then both and easily within arms reach :lol: oil arguments could go on for days, its personal preference, end of story...oh and mobil ones better :dunno:

I can tell you that I use Penzoil platinum religiously now. How I stumbled on it was with my wifes 07 trauilblazer. I was into rockcrawling and ran royal purple in it and in my diesel. A buddy of mine tried to convince me to switch to amsoil, so we got into a long debate over it. This prompted the "well I can prove you wrong speeches". So over the next year, we ran aimsoil, mobil 1, royal purple, and this new stuff called penzoil platinum that we saw at orielly's. After each oil changed, we sent a sample to have it tested and found that penzoil platinum beat all 3 of the others. It has less metal deposits in it than all the rest and seemed to last a little longer in the wifes trailblazer than the rest also (same miles compared with percentage of oil life left). Once I got this truck, I started running it, and have been very pleased with it. I average 9500 miles and 6 months per oil change with it and change my oil at 4% oil life left. I ran some new stuff that I found called castrol something full synthetic. I really havent been pleased with it, and only got 8200 miles on this oil change and 4 months (I got an oil change today). I was going to try aimsoil this go around, but it was on sale for 3.99 so I couldnt refuse.

Archived