Recall 2014166 - impact bag connector

Just got a recall notice emailed to me yesterday,

A recall notice has been issued for your vehicle. Your safety is our priority; see the Recall Reminder section for details on immediate action you should take

Campaign #: 2014166 SEAT MOUNTED SIDE IMPACT AIRBAG CONNECTOR

2014 - Sierra Crew cab SLE 4x4

anyone else get this notice from OnStar?

I had this recall done today with 2 other recalls and a oil change . When I brought my truck home I noticed both pillars ( the ones the seat belts connect in too) were badly gouged and scratched . The service advisor said he had to unbolt the seat to this recall . Im guessing he rested the seats on the pillars. I'm sure he saw the damage he did . So I just left the truck there and they gave me a Cruze too drive :( . I wasn't happy to say the least !!

I had this recall done today with 2 other recalls and a oil change . When I brought my truck home I noticed both pillars ( the ones the seat belts connect in too) were badly gouged and scratched . The service advisor said he had to unbolt the seat to this recall . Im guessing he rested the seats on the pillars. I'm sure he saw the damage he did . So I just left the truck there and they gave me a Cruze too drive :( . I wasn't happy to say the least !!

this really sucks, sory to hear that.

i know ive said it before but ill say it again, the quality of this interior is nowhere near what other GM'S are, i notice the plastics get scuffed very easily. dont get me wrong i love the truck, just the plastics they used suck.

Thanks ! The dealer called today and said the parts are on back order and has no idea when they are coming in . ?? So I'm going tomorrow to pick the truck up. You are right the plastic is very cheap on these trucks.I had the carbon fiber trim on the drivers side door just fall off . The tabs that go into the door panel snapped off .

I really regret getting this done now ?? .Not only did they scratch and gouged the pillars my rocker panel is also scratched in 2 places right down to the sheet metal . On top of that my drivers side seat is now squeaking which it never did before !! If I knew they were completely removing the seats I would of never had this done!!

I really regret getting this done now .Not only did they scratch and gouged the pillars my rocker panel is also scratched in 2 places right down to the sheet metal . On top of that my drivers side seat is now squeaking which it never did before !! If I knew they were completely removing the seats I would of never had this done!!

thats even worse to hear.

ill ask the forman who is a good guy to do this recall for me and have it booked in around his schedule. im on very good terms with the sales, service and parts department at the dealership i go to.

im sure i could get a daily rental. it wont be getting done till my first service.

i also noticed the 2 tailgate cables are different lengths on my truck, read about a couple other guys wit that issue too.

not sure how true this is, but i heard that this recall is caused by them not using connectors that are up to Canadian and USA requirements. apparently airbag pins/connectors need to be gold plated to prevent corrosion and to give a more reliable resistance, however ours are currently not.

I got the letter in the mail last night. That along with the odo recall are not getting done. If the light comes on for the bag I may change my mind. Im starting to lose confidence in the truck. This is the first truck id bought that I didn't put a lot of miles on fast. That could change soon.

Our trucks are so patched up from all the recalls that I think I will just get rid of it and get me a Ford!

I've been driving Fords exclusively since I turned 16 (I'm 35 now). I finally had enough so I bought a 14 silverado. Even with all the recalls, moving seat, vibration, etc. I would buy the GM again. My F150 is like a moped compared to the GM.

Archived