Cooled Seat Conversion

I just got finished installing a new set of leather heated and cooled seats in my 2009 Silverado. I had the powered heated seats but no cooling. I had a Cadillac with the heated/cooled seats in it and loved them. I don't see why GM does not put these in a Silverado. You can get them in Suburbans,Denali's, and most GM SUV's, etc. but not the Silverado.

I saw a post several months ago by "rich22" on this forum about installing these in his truck. I sent him a PM and he sent me instructions and diagrams on how to install and ordered me a set of the new seats in my color from the manufacturer to match my interior exactly.The only thing that is different on the outside of the seats is that the center sections of the seat leather is perforated-not solid like the orginals. I really like it better because it has a softer feel, not near as stiff as the solid leather on these trucks. rich22 (Richard) was very helpful and answered all my questions. The install wasn't too hard. The cooled seats are exactly like the orginal seats, they bolt in exactly the same. They even use the same electrical connector. The hardest part was the additional wiring between the seats and one power wire to the fuse block. But even that wasn't too bad. After getting them installed I had to take to the dealer to have the door and seat modules programmed with the Tech2. I am very happy with them-They are great.

The install looks 100% factory.

:D

How much denaro did they set you back?

With everything- both brand new front seats with all modules, driver's and passenger door seat control switches, wiring, programming, shipping etc- all about $2500

Sounds like a nice mod, a bit pricey for me but I wouldn't think twice if I lived in a hot humid climate 365 days a year!

Just curious how the actual cooling part works on these seats, how are they cooled?

• Like 1

How much denaro did they set you back?

With everything- both brand new front seats with all modules, driver's and passenger door seat control switches, wiring, programming, shipping etc- all about $2500

Sounds like a nice mod, a bit pricey for me but I wouldn't think twice if I lived in a hot humid climate 365 days a year!

Just curious how the actual cooling part works on these seats, how are they cooled?

They are cooled by a system called climate controlled seats CCS which

uses thermoelectric/peltier cooling/heating modules-a small heat pump/air

conditioner

Quote from website:

About CCS:

"In the CCS system, which is built around Amerigon's

highly-efficient, solid-state thermoelectric device, air is forced through the

heat pump and thermally conditioned in response to electronic switch input from

the seat occupant. The conditioned air circulates by a specially designed fan

through ducts in the seat cushion and seat back, so that the surface can be

heated or cooled. Each seat has individual electronic controls to adjust the

level of heating or cooling. CCS substantially improves comfort compared with

conventional air conditioners by focusing the cooling directly on the passenger

through the seat, rather than waiting until ambient air cools the seat surface

behind the passenger."

The cooling is accomplished by 2 in-seat peltier-style thermoelectric air conditioning units. Basically, electric current is passed through in one direction, making one side hot and the other side cold, and a blower motor pushes air across the cold side up through the perforations in the seats. For heating the seats, the system simply reverses the current across the peltier and blows air across the warm side into the seat. One unit is the seat bottom and one is in the seat back.

• 8 months later...

Louie

Where did you order from. Could you send me the instructions. I have been asking my dealer about putting a ventilated seat in from a suburban/tahoe and they look at me like I got two heads. Glad to see that someone did this already

Thanks

Louie

Where did you order from. Could you send me the instructions. I have been asking my dealer about putting a ventilated seat in from a suburban/tahoe and they look at me like I got two heads. Glad to see that someone did this already

Thanks

I got all the information and parts from rich22 on this forum. I don't have it now but if you can't contact him thru the forum send me a PM and I will sent you get his email address for you. He sold me all the parts I needed for the conversion including brand new seats and door switches and all installation instructions. By the way the seats still work great and it is really getting hot and humid here. The A/C in my truck works great but there is nothing like a cool seat when you have black leather and the truck sets all day in the sun.

Louie

• 3 years later...

I just installed LTZ heated/cooled seats in my 2009 Denali HD, along with the factory door panel switches. I just need to know what other connections need to be made for the cooling to work, thanks!

Another member said you had instructions to add heated/cooled seats. I just installed LTZ heated/cooled seats from a theft recovery truck in my Denali HD, along with the door panel switches. I just need to know what other connections/programming need to be made to get the cooling to work. Thanks in advance! Brian Coleman

[email protected]
Edited by kbclas2012

• 1 year later...

I just got seats from a 2011 escalade with option code KB6 (heat/cool/memory) and installed them in my 2011 slt 2500 with option code AN3. I have the heat and cooling switch installed just need to know what to do next. truck already has a fuse for cooled seats but it looks as if the truck seat harness is missing wires from pin #'s B9-15 and I see that they are utilized on the NEW seat side harness. with further investigation I found B 9-15 is for KB6 code option. so in thinking that my lt3 (loaded) SLT sierra was pre-wired for KB6 option, I was wrong and now I feel like im up shits creek with a set of useless expensive seats.. can someone please pm me and lead me in the right direction? Thanks