Need help locating the VSS wire for my Alpine

Hey everyone, I need help in locating the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor)in my 02 Tahoe for my Alpine Nav install.  I've gotten information from several people and all of them are differenet.  I'm hoping that one or several of you can gain access to this information and possilbly email meor post thie information.

Thanks for your help

I don't know if it will be the same on your '02 Tahoe, but on the '99 Silverado's, it's located on the transmission.  From the Haynes manual I have, it looks like it's on the passengers side, near the the back of the tranny, where the drive shaft connects.  Hope this is able to help you.

Welcome to the site.  :D

VSS.jpg

Tobes,

Got it up and running.  After a lot of research, it look slike a winner.  Its easier thank it seems and just takes getting used to.  The detail is incredible and there are more functions thatn I think I'll use, but I'll try.  Looking forward to a long trip to see its true capabiltites and the points of interest highlighted is very helpful.. I know its one of the pricier options but Ithink well worth it.  Install was not too difficult either and I guess the VSS wire was the most xumbersom but eventually located it.

Archived