Stepside Tool Box?

Having a hard time finding a tool box like I want. I want it to sit on the bed rails so I can slide some things underneath it if needed, like plywood, snow ski's, snow boards, etc.. its a 2000 silverado stepside. Any suggestions? I know it has to be 48" or less wide to fit down in the bed. maybe around 55" full length.

Having a hard time finding a tool box like I want. I want it to sit on the bed rails so I can slide some things underneath it if needed, like plywood, snow ski's, snow boards, etc.. its a 2000 silverado stepside. Any suggestions? I know it has to be 48" or less wide to fit down in the bed. maybe around 55" full length.

i had a 2002 step side. your box is 4 feet wide. same as an s-10. weatherguard makes boxes for those trucks. the best quality

I don't have a stepside but I do have a toolbox "chest", the only issue I see with the ones that sit over the rails is security. They are in plain view for thieves, and chests sit either at level or a couple inches under the rails. So from a distance you wouldn't know it was there, only if you were to walk near the truck bed. You would not be able to slide anything under it though, but you know what you want and thought I would throw it at there. Good luck with your search.

Archived