Plugs And Wires Change With/e85

I have a question in regards to changing the plugs and wires on my 06 Silverado Crew Cab, they don't have to be done yet, but when I do have to do them, it is just like a normal plug and wire change? Other thant he plugs and wires being different, it is pretty straight foward?

Thanks!

post-73019-1277999448_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey crewdude I have the same pickup as you. Its all just the same but one piece of advice. I dont know my cylinder numbers but the cylinder closet to the firewall on the passenger side can be tricky. I was using a 1/2 in wracthet and a 5 inch extension and it worked fine on every other cylinder. But on that particular cylinder it would not work. The fire wall was in the way with the big extension and the manifold was in the way without any extension. I had a little stubby one inch extension the worked like a charm.

• 4 months later...

I would just make double sure that you get the right parts when you're ready to do the change. Everytime I price parts for my truck in the auto parts stores they keep telling me that it doesn't make any difference in plugs & fuel components but in my '06 model it makes a HUGE difference since the flex fuel model 5.3 I have takes the iridium plugs & not just standard plugs like they want to sell me. Thanks for the heads up pigfeeder since I will be looking at this plug change in the upcoming months.

Archived