1996 Silverado Fuel Mileage

whats up guys I need some sugestions for increasing the gas mileage in my 1996 chevrolet silverado 4x4 I just got it and the gas mileage is pretty horrible im thinkings its around 10 mpg but im waiting to fill up again to get the real number what are some things I could add/do (besides drive better) to get a decent mpg im going to put on a lift and 35" tires soon too so i want to kind of even it out or increase it if thats possible

well you have a 350 so you will never get that great of mileage no matter what... the lift and tires will make it way worse but your best bet is to get exhaust, chip filter to get maybe 1-2 mpgs. but thats still not worth it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well you have a 350 so you will never get that great of mileage no matter what... the lift and tires will make it way worse but your best bet is to get exhaust, chip filter to get maybe 1-2 mpgs. but thats still not worth it
Father in law has a '95 Chevy Ext Cab 4x4 w/ 350 and he gets about 19. He has a hard tonneau, and no mods. I wouldn't think that 15-17 would be out of the question. Alot of your MPG's is in how you drive too.

i need to actually see it to believe it. i have seen many many 350s and some in the family.... none getting more then 14mpg.

im not saying im right, i just find it hard to believe :)

He takes a mile to get up to speed, and drives 45-50mph, and coasts to stops..... I couldn't believe it either.

what were you doing reading this old ass post anyway?
We are not supposed to read the old ones!?

i need to actually see it to believe it. i have seen many many 350s and some in the family.... none getting more then 14mpg.

im not saying im right, i just find it hard to believe :)

I get 15-17 doing a mix of back roads and city driving, to work, and 18-20 unloaded running 75-80 mph on the expressway. K&N filter and true dual exhaust are the only mods. I do have 3:42 gears and 265 tires also though.

Archived