Flowmaster 40 Series

I am looking to upgrade my stock exaust on my colorado to a Flowmaster 40 series muffler. The front of my stock muffler has a mounting bracket that mounts the front of the muffler to the frame. On the bracket is a rubber piece to give the muffler a little bit of movement. My question was how to secure the aftermarket muffler to the frame so that it does not rattle or sag down over time. Any ideas would be helpful.

Any muffler shop will take care of you. Just make sure its sturdy before they lower the truck. They can put new hangers in the places of your liking and can probably re-use that factory one in that same spot

• 3 weeks later...

muffler shop will hook you up. they mounted my 40 series on my sierra in the stock mufflers location and uses the stock front hanger. they welded on a rear since mine dumps at the muffler

You mentioned it sounds ricey now. I don't see how picking the loudest muffler is going to make it sound better? I picked the 50 series delta flow to stay away from the drone and popping sound that the 40 series made on my friend's trucks. I'm very happy I didn't go with the 40 or 44.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a flowmaster 40 on mine now and i love it. Dont have much drone whatsoever and def not any popping. BUT...... when i graduate in a year to a year and a half i will get either a king ranch or sierra denali and then...... its going to be a magnaflow but one of the longer ones. want better sound just not loud for the new job

• 1 month later...

Archived