Headlight Adjustment

i've got a 2005 2500hd silverado. i've searched several forums for a definetive answer to the following question. on the headlight assembly is there a horizontal adjustment? i know the torx screw directly on top of the assembly is the vertical (up & down) adjustment. i've had the assembly out several times and see no other adjustments. anyone that knows for sure i would appreciate the information. i've gotten several conflicting answers. thanks in advance, jeremy.

there should be a adjustment screw on both sides of the light assembly. on my gmc there is one by the radiator and one by the fender. the one by the radiator i had to use an extension to adjust, because you reach through a hole in the core support. i would think that chevy and gmc should be about the same.

On my 99 silverado, it has both adjustments. Look above the high beam light, near the edge of plastic that covers the grill area to radiator. Headlight aming is 2 in. below center of headlight, 12 ft. from wall, on a level surface. Horizontal adjustment, aim the driver's side slightly in, pass side straight.

this is exactly what i've been running into on other forums. my headlight assembly has a single pin on top that holds the assembly in. it has 2 tabs that fit into slots on the bottom. as i stated before, i have had the assembly out several times and i only have 1 adjustment screw directly on top of the assembly. the screw controls the verticle adjustment. the only way i can see there to be a horizontal adjustment is if it is in the assembly itself. just trying to get a confirmation on this. it seems as though the driverside light points to far in. thanks again for any help.

My 2004 2500 Silverado only has a vertical adjustment. If you look at the plastic headlight lense you will see either a "VOR" or "VOL." These Visually Optic Left or Right headlights usually are only adjustable up and down with no left/right adjustability.

Archived