Xfe Purchased Now Some Questions

I just got a new 2010 XFE crew cab. I'm getting used to the 6 speed tranny, but the XFE package states it has a lowered suspension. The drivers side mirror is EXACTLY the same height as the 2008 2wd crew cab sle it replaced. I know it has an aluminum engine and stuff to make it lighter, does the "lowered suspension" mean that it is different from the other just since it is lighter, so it remained at the same physical height? I was expecting like a one inch drop or something. I haven't noticed, but I think the rear is the same as well.

Thanks for the help for the uneducated on the XFE

Only way to truely tell is to take some measurements of your current truck and find a 2wd truck at a dealer and take some measurements. Dont be alarmed if side to side it measures slighty different. Just took some measurements of mine yesterday for a befroe and after level/rear block kit install comparion.

As Ryan stated, a better place to measure I think is to the tops of the fender wells for front and back. Then go measure some others on the lot for a comparison. I've not heard they were lower than others.. but they could be :(

Congrats on the new truck. :troll:

right, it doesn't appear to be lower, but on the window sticker, part of the Xfe package lists "lowered suspension" since the mirror location I assume to be the same, the truck is exactly the same height as my old one. So I was just wondering what the "lowered suspesion" was in there for.

I guess if they had the standard suspension with the lighter weight it would ride higher? Thus "lowering" the suspension would make it ride the same height? Only a thought. I live in MI so I was at first nervous about a lowered truck, but then I parked them next to each other and they are the same.

So far I love the truck as much as the old one, can't wait till it gets broken in to see if I get a little better milage with it. The only thing I would change is that with the 6 speed, the torque management is so noticeable it drives me crazy (short trip), so I might be in the need of a programming/tuning update. I can imagine that it might get better milage just from the gaining back the momentum lost in the gear changes since the power drops off so much before and after the shift.

My 2011 sits higher than my 2007 did, so maybe if your next to a 2010 regular truck, you'll see a difference. I know here was alot of complaints with the early GMT-900's and how low they sat. Not sure what year they changed that, but that could be the difference. It's lower than a comparable 1500, but not lower than early gen trucks :( I maybe reaching a little, but it sounds reasonable to me.

That makes a bit of sense too, my '08 truck might have been victim of "too low" suspension, and they might have "corrected" that for the non Xfe trucks leaving my new truck the same height of my old one. BTW, I don't like the new untrasonic back up stuff as much as the old three light system. The new beeping method makes it seem WAY more urgent to stop when there is still a long way to go. My three light system was perfect, when the red light came on I had exactly enough room to lower the tailgate and not hit whatever was back there.

I am loving the new truck, even though I have pointed out the couple things that I liked about my old one more, this one seems to ba a LOT less buzzy in the interior (had a dash rattle that never went away on the old one), and the exhaust note is a bit lower and louder (me likey). I initially didn't really want red, but I watched it drive by when I traded out cars with my wife, and it looks Great. (thinks some 20" rims would be just the thing) the milage is equal to my old one even without it being broken in, so I expect to gain a mile or two per gallon when it does. My old truck gained two per gallon when it got about 15k on it.

Now I just "need" to do a little modding on it to make it perfect (like an auto dimming mirror, maybe some LED lights, and maybe a tune)

• 3 weeks later...

From the research I have done on mine I believe the Xfe only sits 10mm lower than it's counterparts. IMO, thats not enough to be able to distinguish just "eye balling" it.

Archived