Installing Receiver Hitch On 2008

looking at an 2008 without a hitch on it whats involved in putting one on it?it has the plug in on it so do i need to wire it also? thanks

On my '06 the trailer plug was laying on top of the spare tire (on the drivers side).

I found that the trailer hitch installation was much easier when I loosened ALL of the rear bumper bolts, installed the hitch then torqued all the bolts down.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the '06 & '08 rear bumper.

BTW.......... be sure to install a good trans cooler as well. VERY easy installation.

looking at an 2008 without a hitch on it whats involved in putting one on it?it has the plug in on it so do i need to wire it also? thanks

I put a Curt 14301 on my 2007 (nnbs) last week. Got it for $140 shipped from Amazon.com. Installation was a breeze. I think I used a 1/2" socket, a 5/8" socket, and you'll also need a torque wrench that can hit 100 ft/lbs. The install is just bolting it to the frame, that's it. The only hard part is getting the first couple bolts in, but if you have an extra set of hands it will make it a lot easier. Took me about 30 minutes.

My truck was pre-wired, so I just had to replace the plastic place-holder with GM Part# 15932302.

Hope this helps.

Archived