1997 Chevy Silverado A/c Door Actuator

Hello everyone, first of all i want to say that Im new to this forum. I have read many post in this forum about the a/c door actuators, but i didnt find any information that was useful to my issue, thats why i decided to start this new post. A few months ago my door actuator failed(the one circled in red, in the picture), so i just took it off and decided to maneuver the door manually. Just a few weeks ago i bought the door actuator on a online store, to my surprise that it did fit, it wouldn't matter how many ways i tried to put that thing, that thing was just not going to fit, and now matter in how many websites i look for it, i always get the same one, the one that is not circled. So may question to you all experts, are both actuator the same size or different size? by the way my truck is a 1997 chevy silverado 5.7 V8 engine.

the picture i found on google but is a true and accurate representation of the HVAC system of my truck.

Also today on may way back from the university the a/c fan wont work on the two higher speeds. any comments on this issues it will highly appreciated.

if you dont know, at least can some one help me and take a picture of your truck ac door actuator to see if im not missing any parts or anything...

Thank you..

post-97969-1310775336_thumb.jpg

Genius:

On my OBS '99 Suburban, the HVAC door actuators are similar in layout to yours.

The one you have circled on red (to the left of the HVAC box) is the "mode" actuator that selects feet, dash or defrost direction of airflow.

The center actuator on the HVAC box controls temperature. It opens and /or closes a blend door to direct the air driven by the blower motor to travel over either the heater core for heat or the evaporator for cool air.

Another actuator you don't see in the picture is to the right of the HVAC box, underneath the HVAC box and almost on the back side of it, and to the left of the blower motor. This actuator changes the air feed from the outside world or recirculating (max AC).

www.compnine.com has exploded parts diagrams that you may find useful.

I ID'd three actuators on my HVAC box, figured out what they did and determined that there are two part numbers. The mode actuator and the external / internal / recirc actuator shared the same part number. The actuator for the temp door was different.

Part numbers are listed on the compnine.com exploded parts diagrams.

hope this helps.

Jason

Hello everyone, first of all i want to say that Im new to this forum. I have read many post in this forum about the a/c door actuators, but i didnt find any information that was useful to my issue, thats why i decided to start this new post. A few months ago my door actuator failed(the one circled in red, in the picture), so i just took it off and decided to maneuver the door manually. Just a few weeks ago i bought the door actuator on a online store, to my surprise that it did fit, it wouldn't matter how many ways i tried to put that thing, that thing was just not going to fit, and now matter in how many websites i look for it, i always get the same one, the one that is not circled. So may question to you all experts, are both actuator the same size or different size? by the way my truck is a 1997 chevy silverado 5.7 V8 engine.

the picture i found on google but is a true and accurate representation of the HVAC system of my truck.

Also today on may way back from the university the a/c fan wont work on the two higher speeds. any comments on this issues it will highly appreciated.

if you dont know, at least can some one help me and take a picture of your truck ac door actuator to see if im not missing any parts or anything...

Thank you..

Archived