Not As Bad As I Was Expecting

Traded my 96 5.7(not sure of the gears) 1500 Silverado King Cab 4x4 in on a 06 6.0(3.73) 1500HD Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 3 weeks ago! The old 96 on it's best day(all interstate) would only get around 12mpg and around 7-8mpg towing our 30ft TT! Checked the 06 pulling the TT and got 9mpg coming out of the NC mountains and just checked it again doing my normal use driving around the house and got 13mpg! This tank had a combination of some interstate driving , short 5-10 mile trips around the house and 2 14 mile round trips to my mom and dads pulling my 14ft trailer with my lawn mower! From what I've read this is about normal and I'm not complaining since this truck is not my daily driver and will only have about 3,000 mile a year put on it! :thumbs:

Traded my 96 5.7(not sure of the gears) 1500 Silverado King Cab 4x4 in on a 06 6.0(3.73) 1500HD Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 3 weeks ago! The old 96 on it's best day(all interstate) would only get around 12mpg and around 7-8mpg towing our 30ft TT! Checked the 06 pulling the TT and got 9mph coming out of the NC mountains and just checked it again doing my normal use driving around the house and got 13mpg! This tank had a combination of some interstate driving , short 5-10 mile trips around the house and 2 14 mile round trips to my mom and dads pulling my 14ft trailer with my lawn mower! From what I've read this is about normal and I'm not complaining since this truck is not my daily driver and will only have about 3,000 mile a year put on it! :lol:

:thumbs:

Archived