Help on a sub box for my crew cab 06 silverado

The best , i think, would be box behind the seat. More room there. You should custom make the box to fit nice up against the back, and still maybe have room for crap to throw back there.

In my cc 06, its behind the rear seat. Bought a box from sonicelectronix and other components and to make it fit to where the seats would still go upright I had to remove the jack and acc, some covers off the seats and the two screws that hold the jack down. I drilled holes in the box so now they also serve as security means so my insurance will cover the equipment.

I got 2 12's under my back seat and the sub box fits like a glove!

fortunate for you, your ec has room under the seat for one. Im sure you know but under our seats are a mess of metal rails that make it near impossible for such large speakers, I think one company custom builds an app for ours but its very small and doesn't fit much but I use shallows and they hit plenty hard behind the seat.

what exactly do you mean by best sound? what kind of music do u listen to? you want spl, sq or sql? how big is your amp?

if you can sacrifice storage, go under the seat if possible, and mount your amp(s) behind the seat. i plan on building a sealed box for under my seats, need woofers that can handle 1500rms. i'm not going with shallow subs due to their low power handling/lower excursion.

Archived