87 R10 Instrument Cluster Light Socket

I was replacing the circuit board behind my cluster. While doing this I had removed all of the lamps and changed the backing plate. There was one that had a cable attached to it. It was the one that was behind the gas gauge at the top of the cluster. While hooking up my speedometer sensor pulled a little hard on the cluster and broke one of the clips on the connector holding it.

236522.jpg

The connector was like this but white and had a black wire/ (fiber optic cable?) attached to the back of it. Does anybody know about this connector/bulb holder? I have several old trucks that were in the era 81-91 but the gauges clusters have been robbed already (parts trucks).

If you have an old catalog that shows the part number or illustration of this set up. The new cataloging does not show the connector I am talking about it shows the regular connector as I have in my picture link above.

It discussed me after it broke to the point I didn't even think about taking a picture, just put it all back together. That light is out and IDK what the other cable was about.

Jbo

Which light is out? Light does travel through a "cable" that year for what I cain't remember right off top of my head. Maybe someone will help. USM stand for Southern Miss.? Sorry I couldn't help you much but maybe someone will outsmart me lol UM dude

Which light is out? Light does travel through a "cable" that year for what I cain't remember right off top of my head. Maybe someone will help. USM stand for Southern Miss.? Sorry I couldn't help you much but maybe someone will outsmart me lol UM dude

I live south of Tupelo Born Rebel but always pull for Southern Miss they had a great year congrats. Got 86 in back yard I will check it out and maybe we get together on parts swap. Mom is in hospital right now but I will get to it as soon as I can

Archived