• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would someone mind copy/pasting the full contents of the Audiovox_USA_OE.ini file. I think I messed something up and accidently deleted my backup.

Thanks

Anyone please? Its the file in the data.zip config/devices directory. A simple copy/paste will do, or if you prefer you can pm me. My nav is broken and I need a copy of this file to fix it. I treid calling advent they wont give me anything because its not thier software and dont seem to understand what I am talking about, and as for contacting igo... well they refer only to the naxiextras program and refer people to the "online support community" rather than prodviding thier own support for oem versions of igo. So I am asking the online support community. Help! =]

Thanks

Hope this works for you.

[device]

sdcard_name="SDMEM"

type="Audiovox_USA_OE"

[2d]

show_planned_route_arrows="1"

[3D]

use_all_building_textures="1"

planned_route_visible_behind_mountains="1"

[interface]

show_musicplayer="1"

show_exit="1"

extra_settings="1"

show_gps_config="1"

start_navigation_time="3"

[map]

fake2d_max_zoomlevel="3000"

3d_zfar_horizon_ratio="200"

roadblockicon_maxzoom="2000"

3d_max_tiltlevel="9000"

3d_max_zoomlevel="500"

3d_max_zfar="500"

shapes_in_2d="1"

poi_labels="1"

[navigation]

show_current_city="1"

[screen]

daymode_until_no_time_sync="1"

This is the Audiovox_USA-OE under the data zip file in the config directory.

[debug]

max_memory=52000000

[interface]

shutdown_time=0

maxzoom2d=6000000

show_exit=0

exit_on_sd_remove=1

drive_carefully=1

default_anim_off=0

[gps]

port=6

baud=38400

background_navigation=1

[keybind]

x7B = "FIND_ADDRESS"

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

[sound]

std_muting_device_needed=1

app_message_start="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"

app_wparam_start=1

app_message_stop="NAV_VOICE_GUIDANCE"

app_wparam_stop=0

effect_muted=1

use_os_volume=1

[sound.announcer]

overspeedlimit=0

[timezone]

sync_time=1

[warning]

speedlimit_warning_visual=0

speedlimit_warning_voice=0

• 4 months later...

You will need to change your sys.txt file in the root directory. This is my sys.txt file feel free to copy and past.

[debug]

experimental_features="1"

skip_eula="1"

[device]

sdcard_name="SDMEM"

type="Audiovox_USA_OE"

[interface]

extra_settings="1"

drive_carefully="0"

This will bypass the warning page, and menu. It takes you directly to the map.

I kinda skimmed the thread and noticed some people have altered the .ini files that really should not be neccessary (probably mentioned in the thread and i just missed it) those are written by the program on the fly. Just ajust the sys.txt file and after a few times of booting up and using the nav you should get the desired results you make in the sys.txt file.

Before playing with anything on your microSD card make sure you make a complete copy of the card on your computer. Not just the sys.txt file. This was the first thing I did when I got my Advent from Walt and I can't tell you how valuable a backup of the orginal microSD card was in saving me from myself and faulty SD card reader on one of my computers.

That fixed it for me. Much easier than going into the .ini files. Thanks for the down and dirty instructions.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

wondering if anyone can help me. i have a flyaudio unit and am running into some trouble editing the sys.txt file to remove the 'agree' screen etc.

i copied all of the original files off of the SD card and placed them onto another SD card incase anything got messed up

below is how i changed my sys.txt file from what it was originally. after inserting the edited SD card i got the error that cannot load maps with this type of license

does that mean the license is only good on one SD card somehow? or would any of these settings mess something up or do i need to change another file as well as the sys.txt? thanks in advance

original sys.txt

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num = 2
type="flyaudio_E80"

edited sys.txt

[device]
sdcard_dsk_num = 2
type="flyaudio_E80"

[debug]
experimental_features="1"
skip_eula="1"

[gps]
set_messages="0"

[interface]
drive_carefully="0"
extra_settings="1"

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Great Work! I've been tinkering and tweaking. Working on a custom car icon...I hope, meanwhile, I've been trying to get this thing to boot-up in the background without the auto-start nav feature. I know you can press the nav, then go back to another source while it loads, but as we all know more automated functions in the background is easiest.

So...as many on here have, the sys file was edited, the unit boots straight to the map after "accept" (The first time I was able to pull up a special menu in the main screen before the map loaded and select different functions). However using sys configurator 1.2.1 I have not managed to and not found the "drive_carefully" option under any category. Any advice?

Thanks!

EDIT: I DID Finally manage to remove the "acceptance" page as found in this thread on page 6 as follows:

The file to edit for this feature is in your SD card - Data.zip > config > devices > Audiovox_USA_OE.ini

In the [interface] section EDIT the following lines "drive_carefully=1" to "drive_carefully=0"

(I had kept trying in the sys file and couldn't find it)

Thanks to those who input their knowledge on this thread and forum!!! :)

Archived