• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone figured out how to eliminated the Warning page so you don't have to hit "accept" every time you restart the unit?

The previous post I made about modifying the igo9.ini file gets rid of the warning page. That's why I made the post.

How are you guys modifying the data.zip file? Are you copying it off of the sd card, unzipping it, modifying the .ini files, then zipping it back up and copying it back to the sd card?

I originally copied everything off the card to my hard drive as a backup. I then modify the files directly on the sd card. Once I open the .zip file in winzip I can modify individual files. Once I close the opened file, winzip asks me if I want to update the .zip file. It basically does it automatically.

Just a suggestion here - as you change your entries and figure out what changes each mod makes, it would be a good idea to start a new thread (or a "master list" entry in this thread) outlining exactly which lines to change in which .ini/.ui/.txt file to get the changes to take place - that way an owner could use the surgical approach and change only those things that he wants from the list of changes available without having to read the entire thread and keep track of each relevant entry to get the entire picture of what's possible...

After screwing around with the sys.txt file for a while and not getting it to work I dug deeper into the .ini files in the .zip files. I figure the .ini files were overriding anything that was set in the sys.txt. I found a number of the entries that can appear in the sys.txt file in various .ini files. I was able to "fix" the gps altitude that never changed on my unit. I also found a setting that appears to turn off the user agreement when first entering the nav page. Interestingly, I also was able to cause my unit to run out of memory. It popped up a message a few minutes after it was on the nav page telling me it was running out of memory. First, the two files I modified were igo9.ini and Audiovox_USA_OE.ini. Both are located in the data.zip file in the root of the sd card (or wherever you have igo installed). In the igo9.ini, mine has the following: [gps] delay_after_pos_valid=1000 delay_after_pos_invalid=1 ;added next line 3.11.2012 -bt set_messages="0" [interface] skin="ui_igo9" newalignment=1 bilang_city=1 enable_stateanim=1 builtin_themes="SKIN~Default - night|skin_night,SKIN~Picto|default_picto,SKIN~Picto Night|default_picto_night" resultsinqueryorder=1 use_autohint=0 font_quality="light" show_tutorial=1 use_dual_names=0 theme_night="skin_night" ;added next two lines 3.11.2012 -bt recalc_voice="0" ;start_navigation_time="3" Only the lines after my comment were modified. Everything else was already there. After I got the memory error I commented out the start_navigation_time="3" line and I haven't gotten the error again. Changing that line didn't seem to do anything for me anyway. I really want the unit to go straight to the map rather than make me choose map or navigate but I haven't figured that one out yet. In the Audiovox file, I have the following: [interface] shutdown_time=0 maxzoom2d=6000000 show_exit=0 exit_on_sd_remove=1 ;next line modified 3.11.2012 -bt was drive_carefully=1 drive_carefully=0 default_anim_off=0 After making the above change I no longer get the user agreement page. Interestingly, even if I put it back to it's original setting I still don't get the page. It seems I've removed that requirement altogether.

Just to be clear, you no longer have a sys.txt file, correct?

I'm finding that editing the sys.txt file is not making changes to some settings while others it does work.

I was able to get my Altitude working with this sys.txt file (note all other files remain factory default), however I have not been successful at bypassing the safety warning screen.

[device]

sdcard_name="SDMEM"

type="Audiovox_USA_OE"

[3d]

use_all_building_textures="1"

[gps]

set_messages="0"

disable_advanced="0"

[interface]

extra_settings="1"

show_gps_config="1"

start_navigation_time="3"

[navigation]

autoreplan_action="AUTO"

show_current_city="1"

[debug]

skip_eula=1

Correct, I do not have a sys.txt file located on my sd card. I only made changes to the igo9.ini file and the audio...ini file and I no longer have the warning page and my altitude works.

Note, a number of the changes you have in your sys.txt file are already set in the igo9.ini file. I think the sys.txt file is being overidden by the .ini files which is why some things are working and others aren't.

In my parking lot here at work i'm surrounded by tall buildings and i'm not getting satellite reception. I keep getting a "Demo" button in the bottom right corner that wants me to choose a demo route. anyone else get that?

I had that when I first made the changes to the .ini files. I drove a few miles and still had it. I turned off the unit while driving and turned it back on a few miles later and it started working.

Archived