OGM-1 New Firmware: UPDATE

Can you at least tell us what to expect, Walt?

Mainly Pandora & the steering wheel XM preset scan fix:

IMAG1128.JPG

IMAG1125.JPG

IMAG1130.JPG

IMAG1131.JPG

IMAG1129.JPG

IMAG1133.JPG

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer since I dont have an iPhone.

What about stability in general of the system? Have there been any bug fixes? That is what I was hoping for more then anything.

Thanks for the info Walt.

Ernie

Bummer since I dont have an iPhone.

What about stability in general of the system? Have there been any bug fixes? That is what I was hoping for more then anything.

Thanks for the info Walt.

Ernie

With only the limited time I've had to test the new stuff, I haven't seen other major additions/improvements, but I'm certain we'll get a list of what's been changed/updated when it gets released...

Bummer since I dont have an iPhone. What about stability in general of the system? Have there been any bug fixes? That is what I was hoping for more then anything. Thanks for the info Walt. Ernie
With only the limited time I've had to test the new stuff, I haven't seen other major additions/improvements, but I'm certain we'll get a list of what's been changed/updated when it gets released...

The Pandora functionality is exclusive only to the iPhone? Any idea if Android devices may be supported in the future? Or is this even feasible..??

Thanks for the updates Walt

We won't likely see Android support. Walt said previously that because there are so many hardware/software variations of Android that it is next to impossible to support for something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't likely see Android support. Walt said previously that because there are so many hardware/software variations of Android that it is next to impossible to support for something like this.

Exactly. And it's REALLY starting to piss me off. :banghead:

It's incredible to think that the developers of Android either don't care about 12 volt or they don't see the potential in 12 volt, when on the flip side, Apple made the platform that's basically taken over just about everything and has changed the landscape in car audio and video. It's truly amazing that Android left that much $$$ on the table and we don't have even a glimmer of solid change on the horizon...

Exactly. And it's REALLY starting to piss me off. :banghead:

It's incredible to think that the developers of Android either don't care about 12 volt or they don't see the potential in 12 volt, when on the flip side, Apple made the platform that's basically taken over just about everything and has changed the landscape in car audio and video. It's truly amazing that Android left that much $$$ on the table and we don't have even a glimmer of solid change on the horizon...

That's the price you pay with Android being sort of open source. I have an iPhone and it isn't perfect but just like you've said before the fact that Apple keeps all current devices on the same OS means developers can create programs that will be supported for a long time to come. There are some things I miss about my Android phone but the aftermarket and integration options with Apple were just too much to ignore.

• 2 weeks later...

I know, I'm trying to patiently wait for this update as well. Hopefully very soon! :fingersx: Like tomorrow.

GRRRR....

I've been following up on this weekly and keep getting told that it's a week away - I can tell you guys that we just got our first units that have the "4-24-12" FW version pre-installed from the factory, so the firmware is stable...

I do know that they are planning on releasing the update with a new installer, so maybe that portion of the process is getting hung up? I don't know...

I'll report what I know as soon as I know it.

Walt,

My iPhone did another OS update this morning. What does this mean for the firmware update on the OGM1?

it was only to 5.1.1, just a few bug fixes. it didn't change anything with the ipod functionality of the phone.

I know, I'm trying to patiently wait for this update as well. Hopefully very soon! :fingersx: Like tomorrow.

GRRRR....

I've been following up on this weekly and keep getting told that it's a week away - I can tell you guys that we just got our first units that have the "4-24-12" FW version pre-installed from the factory, so the firmware is stable...

I do know that they are planning on releasing the update with a new installer, so maybe that portion of the process is getting hung up? I don't know...

I'll report what I know as soon as I know it.

:tear: Ok, thanks Walt! :lol:

Archived