Rear end Squeak

Well I have only noticed this annoyance twice since I have had this truck, and I first heard it about a month ago. When I drive I hear a squeak noise that is synced with the rotation of my rear axle/or wheels/or drive shaft. The squeak stops every time I touch the brakes though. I thought that it might be a frozen rear drum shoe the first time so I took the drum off and inspected it and everything seemed fine. That was last month. Today I noticed the same noise and it seems to be coming from both sides of the truck since I hear it loud and clear anytime I drive by a wall on either side. Has anybody else had this problem or know of any fix or any clue as to what this might be and how to diagnose it? Thanks!

-J

It's a loose battery cable.

Just kidding. My 1st guess would be a brake wear indicator but you said the rear is the noise maker and the front brake operation makes them stop squealing ? Could it be a partial set parking brake without indicator?

Just kidding. My 1st guess would be a brake wear indicator but you said the rear is the noise maker and the front brake operation makes them stop squealing ? Could it be a partial set parking brake without indicator?

I have to say you have the best looking sig truck on this forum

I have to say you have the best looking sig truck on this forum

Thank you. I appreciate that. She gets a new magnaflow put on today.

My 2011 Regular Cab had a squeak that would seem to go away when driving in the rain. Turned out to be the rear parking brake body cables hat to be replaced, according to GM bulletin: 11-08-61-002B

The dealer performed this service and it has been good ever since.

Archived