2011 GMC Sierra Sunroof Rattle

I have a rattle that has developed in my 2011 Sierra Denali and it appears to be coming from the Sunroof. The rattle has developed over the last few weeks and it came along with the heat. The rattle is evident when closing the doors and also when hitting larger bumps in the road. It appears you can remedy the problem by slightly pressing up on the back of the glass from inside the cab. The dealer has looked at it and applied a lubricant to the weatherstripping, however it did not help. My truck also has the Factory DVD Player, but the noise specifically seems to be coming from Sunroof. Has anyone heard of this or have any possible remedies?

Then what good would this board be? They are trying to be helpful and fix it, but I also figured I'd take the time and check to see if anyone has heard of a similar situation on here so maybe I can give my tech some input

Rattles drive me crazy. I don't know specifically about the truck but sunroofs typically have bolts that hold them tight up against the underside of the roof. Ask them to lower the headliner and check it out thoroughly because it bothers you a lot.

I'm so particular about rattles that I tell the dealer I'll give the tech a nice tip if they can really fix it. It's totally worth it to me because rattles ruin my enjoyment of the vehicle.

Rattles drive me crazy. I don't know specifically about the truck but sunroofs typically have bolts that hold them tight up against the underside of the roof. Ask them to lower the headliner and check it out thoroughly because it bothers you a lot.

I'm so particular about rattles that I tell the dealer I'll give the tech a nice tip if they can really fix it. It's totally worth it to me because rattles ruin my enjoyment of the vehicle.

I also encourage you to take the vehicle back to the dealer. If you continue to have issues, please contact me privately with your information. I'd be happy to investigate this further for you.

Louis (assisting Tricia)

GM Customer Service

Archived