STILL WOULD LIKE REAR CAM ON OPTION WHEN NOT IN R

I would like to be able to have a camera front mounted so I can properly park my truck. This truck is the worst vehicle I have ever had for trying to guess where the front of the truck is when parking. When I think I am about a foot away, I am actually 3 feet away. Same issue with the rear, but backup camera fixed that.

There are some cleaner ways to do this by cutting and splicing, but here's the easiest way to view your camera while driving on the OGM1:

Source a 1 to 2 RCA "Y" adaptor and an RCA to 3.5mm 4 conductor adaptor. You may need a 3' or 6' RCA cable as well to extend to wherever your MediaLink pod is currently located.

• Wire the backup camera to an ignition or accessory source of 12 volts
  • Unplug your camera from the OGM1 and plug the male RCA end (from the camera) into one of the female RCA jacks of your "Y" cable.
  • Plug the "Y" connector's male RCA into the camera input (the yellow female RCA) of the OGM1.
  • Plug the the other "Y" connector female RCA's into the yellow male RCA from the 3.5mm adaptor (or to the RCA that's connected to the ring at the tip of the 3.5mm male plug)
  • Route the 3.5mm male to the same location as your MediaLink pod.
  • When you want to view your backup camera while driving, plug the 3.5mm male adaptor into the 3.5mm female jack on the MediaLink pod
  • Switch to the "A/V" source input
  • View camera while driving

There are some cleaner ways to do this by cutting and splicing, but here's the easiest way to view your camera while driving on the OGM1:

Source a 1 to 2 RCA "Y" adaptorand an RCA to 3.5mm 4 conductor adaptor. You may need a 3' or 6' RCA cable as well to extend to wherever your MediaLink pod is currently located.

• Unplug your camera from the OGM1 and plug the male RCA end (from the camera) into one of the female RCA jacks of your "Y" cable.

• Plug the "Y" connector's male RCA into the camera input (the yellow female RCA) of the OGM1.

• Plug the the other "Y" connector female RCA's into the yellow male RCA from the 3.5mm adaptor (or to the RCA that's connected to the ring at the tip of the 3.5mm male plug)

• When you want to view your backup camera while driving, plug the 3.5mm male adaptor into the 3.5mm female jack on the MediaLink pod

Walt. I have power to the camera all the time with ignition on. Can I leave the camera plugged in all the time and just use the source button to switch back and forth? I don't use the 3.5 plug now or ever. I do use the USB plug with a flash drive.

Source a 1 to 2 RCA "Y" adaptorand an RCA to 3.5mm 4 conductor adaptor. You may need a 3' or 6' RCA cable as well to extend to wherever your MediaLink pod is currently located.

Walt. I have power to the camera all the time with ignition on. Can I leave the camera plugged in all the time and just use the source button to switch back and forth? I don't use the 3.5 plug now or ever. I do use the USB plug with a flash drive.

Absolutely right - power the camera on ACC or IGN, plug the camera into the 3.5mm jack and you can have on at all times on the "A/V" source...

• 2 weeks later...

STILL WOULD LIKE IT AS AN OPTION IN THE SETUP LIKE THE DVD PLAYER OVERRIDE, THEN YOU COULD STILL LISTEN TO OTHER SOURCES OF MUSIC

So...you want the rear camera to work while youre driving and also be able to listen to music? I've got to wonder....what's the point? You do have a rear view mirror ya know..

STILL WOULD LIKE IT AS AN OPTION IN THE SETUP LIKE THE DVD PLAYER OVERRIDE, THEN YOU COULD STILL LISTEN TO OTHER SOURCES OF MUSIC

Stop typing all in capital letters please. It's weird to read and not needed. We stopped using DOS like 17+ years ago. :lol:

So...you want the rear camera to work while youre driving and also be able to listen to music? I've got to wonder....what's the point? You do have a rear view mirror ya know..

I like to see those who tailgate me as the ass end is up high.

Absolutely right - power the camera on ACC or IGN, plug the camera into the 3.5mm jack and you can have on at all times on the "A/V" source...

I ordered the parts, installed them. "No Video Connection" when AV button pressed. Ensured the mini plug was fully inserted. switched from yellow (video) to white, then red (audio), which gave me a buzz on the left, then right speakers. Have video in reverse, so the camera is working just fine. double checked all connections, but no luck.

I ordered the parts, installed them. "No Video Connection" when AV button pressed. Ensured the mini plug was fully inserted. switched from yellow (video) to white, then red (audio), which gave me a buzz on the left, then right speakers. Have video in reverse, so the camera is working just fine. double checked all connections, but no luck.

check the rca to 3.5 mm plug they have many layout ou the plug the tip is for L+ ring 1 = r+ ring 2 = Ground ring 3= viedo

it is a ipod tip.

Archived