HVAC mode/blend door issue?

Hey guys, I had this post/request listed in the 2500 catagory but think it may get a bit mor attention here since I dont think its HD specific.

I have a 2003 2500hd 6.0 ext cab, manual dual control heat/AC.

Switching from floor to defrost I get nothing different. I do have air coming from pretty much everywhere and no where in particular. I do have the ability to change either the passenger or driver side from hot to cold without incident but not the direction I need it to blow.

What I do have:

The actuator does move and rotate the black disc (on the outside of the damper box it is mounted to) it is attached to under the center (driver side) of the dash. It does not move the white 1/2 cogged one though. The white one does seem out of the black ones reach a bit and also appears to be stuck like it may be in line with another actuator up stream that I can not see (yet). All the threads and googling seem to point at the actuator only. Mine is working which leads me to the actual blend door being snapped or out of alignment. Can someone shed some light on this for me?

I have not had the codes read. The actuator appears to be working. I have tried a couple of different "relearn" methods also (even one were you open the drivers door after turning off the key to similate sequence of operation etc)..

Thanks!

Archived