New Truck = ?? New Muffler ??

Had a 07 nnbs silverado 4.8 4spd with flowmaster 40 series in my last truck. It sounded amazing but the drone was way too much for me. It just drove me nuts over the years. So.....I Just traded that truck in for my

New 2013 silverado 5.3flex AFM with 6spd trans. I can't decide what muffler to go with. I just wanna cut the factory one out and weld/clamp the new one in and retain all factory piping.

I see a lot of guys talking magnaflow 14",18" and 22" . Are those the oval style or tube style ?

Just need a little insight and opinions for this new truck as YouTube is useless lol

Thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the stock muffler is 25inches. I have a 22 inch magnaflow that i put in place of the stock one and i love it. I also kept all my stock piping. its not over kill by any means. Peope are talking about the length of the muffler. The shorter you go, the louder the muffler.

All of magnaflow mufflers are oval unless you get a round one which iv never seen anyone have. But no there is no drone what so ever. best way i can describe it is the muffler has a deep rumble tone compared to the open throat sound your FM had. Its loud enough that you know its there, it sounds deep enough where people turn heads but it isnt over the top. the p/n for mine was 12589. its a 22inch single in single out

So I think I decided on magnaflow because of price, full stainless and warranty.

Does your 14" sound similar to a super 40 would from FM ? I want an aggressive sound but don't want the in cab drone ? My super 40 was terrible for that.

Also is it 3" IN and 3" OUT ? Center/Center or center/offset.

I had the 14" that was 4" round, it sounded great. No drone and and had a nice growl to it, I would't put any bigger on it if you liked the sound of the 40 series.

liked the sound of the 40 but hated the drone, you say you dont have much with the 14"?? others say the drone is very comparible to the 40 FM

soooo conflicted lol

i would love the 14" but dont want the drone

Archived