Body molding covered under warranty?

I think what you are seeing is asphalt stains. I've seen lots of lighter color GM trucks and suv's where the molding is doing just what you say. My truck is silver ice metallic and I was beginning to see discoloration as well just a few months after I purchased. (I assume all the rain in the southeast this year is partly responsible.) Did a little reading and found a post where someone used a Mr. Clean magic eraser. Since my truck was only a few months old and I really didn't want the hassle of removing or repainting the molding under warranty, I thought I'd give it a try.

Long story short after a normal wash I used the magic eraser on the moldings. It was unbelievable what came off (black crud) and they were exactly like new. I put a couple of coats of Turtle Wax ice on the moldings and they still look great. I can't guarantee the magic eraser is your answer, but it really worked on my truck. Good luck.

I had one moulding changed under the 3/36 warranty, it was coming unglued. It was black, then painted white, the color of my truck. I have a 07 CC Classic, and have been using the white magic eraser on it because of the yellowing condition for several years now.

• 2 weeks later...

I had one moulding changed under the 3/36 warranty, it was coming unglued. It was black, then painted white, the color of my truck. I have a 07 CC Classic, and have been using the white magic eraser on it because of the yellowing condition for several years now.

I clay barred mine witg out luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I clay barred mine witg out luck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My truck is black so discoloring hasn't been an issue BUT when I clay the truck you wouldn't believe the amount of crud pulled off the molding. I can see how this would cause lighter colors to discolor.

Well i went to the dealer this past week. They agreed that the molding was discoloring and have ordered new molding and are going to paint and let me know when its ready to be installed.

Glad to hear they are taking care of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived