Ordering 2014 Silverado Crew LTZ - Bench or Buckets? Opinions?

fgator22

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trading in the 2010? I liked that truck. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Yep, got it just the way I wanted it. Time to trade it in lol

Just couldnt stand Ashley having something newer could you?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Just couldnt stand Ashley having something newer could you?Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Had a baby, rear facing car seat has to go in the middle in an ext cab to use the front seats. Plus I've wanted a '14 since I first saw them.

I have the bench in my GMT900 and i did it purely for the leg room. without the center console its so much more comfortable. (I am also 6'8" so i place a high value on leg room)

This ^^. Not sure what the empirical data would be on this, but I FEEL like I have a lot more legroom with the bench.

Also (and ymmv bigtime on this), my wifes Yukon has the bucket/center console configuration. I am bad to ride with my phone lying on my right leg when driving. When it slides off my leg, it is as if there is an invisible funnel that routes it between the seat and console, past the seat belt and rails and as far under the driver seat as possible. Its almost like I have to remove the seat to get the phone out.

(And I know there are many places to put the phone, and no I don't text/drive)

Leg room was a factor for me as well, and I like the option of having the middle seat if I need it. I really like the way the new consoles looks, but the bench fit my needs better.

I also like to drive with the console flipped up and my right arm stretched across the top of the console, heh.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at some 2014 Silverados, and I prefer the 40/20/40 bench configuration. My dealer said there's not a single 4x4 truck with 40/20/40 bench seats within 400 miles of my location. There are literally hundreds with the center console in the same radius.

I have had buckets with console's in my last 4 trucks.When considering the 14 I was a little disappointed I couldn't find an cc4x4 6.6" box in 1lt with buckets. After a quick test drive and seeing it was an $1100 option I like the 40 20 40.I also have the heated seat option. Could not justify 10k more for an LTZ

I've been looking at some 2014 Silverados, and I prefer the 40/20/40 bench configuration. My dealer said there's not a single 4x4 truck with 40/20/40 bench seats within 400 miles of my location. There are literally hundreds with the center console in the same radius.

I ran into the same issue. I found 2, one was a Chevy and the other a GMC. Both were two hours away in opposite directions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ok, so it's been ~2 months since I test-drove a truck and placed my order, and MAYBE it was all in my head, but I felt like the arm-rest of the bench seat center console was too far back, ie: my elbow would rest on it, but not my whole arm, whereas I feel like the full console provides a better ARM-rest. As well, the storage space inside the full console is simply amazing! (vs. the divided upper/seat/lower storage compartments of the bench seat).

I only have to worry about my wife and I and 2 kids, so I have no need for a 6-seater. 5 seats will suffice.

Almost ALL of the trucks on the lot around me had bench seats, and the couple with buckets/console were either LTZ's and/or Z71, neither of which I wanted anyway. So I ordered a truck to get the full console in an LT. I just couldn't justify giving up all that storage space for a compromised console/arm-rest (for a 6th seat that will literally NEVER get used).

..............AND, having ordered the Bose radio, I'm happy to know that there's an extra sub in there now!! :D

• 2 months later...

If anyone has the buckets with center console and would like to trade for my fold down center console seat I would love to trade!!! Got the front bench seat so we could seat 6 but, bought the wife a 2014 traverse that seats 8 yesterday so now I want a center console in my truck!!! So let me know if anyone wants to trade!!!!

If anyone has the buckets with center console and would like to trade for my fold down center console seat I would love to trade!!! Got the front bench seat so we could seat 6 but, bought the wife a 2014 traverse that seats 8 yesterday so now I want a center console in my truck!!! So let me know if anyone wants to trade!!!!

I would trade to for my bench to console...can u just swap them out,?

My seats are gray

Archived