Where to run wires through cab, 2005 GMC

Looking for where others have run wires for different components through the cab walls. I'm looking to run a backup cam, which the wiring is no big deal, but just not comfortable drilling new holes in my floor unless I absolutely have to. I'm getting to the point where i have to worry about body rot and anything like that just accelerates the problem no matter how much you paint/silicone the area with the northeast winters and roadsalt.

just purchased a new Pioneer headunit with DVD and figured might as well add a cheap cam while the dash is apart.

On my 2006 GMC I ran some power wires for my electric cut-out and I took the wires through a factory opening behind the drivers side kick panel (must remove the panel). I can't remember exactly what factory stuff was going through the opening but I was able to sneak my wires through the factory rubber gromment.

Thanks 502 and Mike!

I ended up finding a grommet that was basically right under the drivers side floor mat. I was going to go through the e-brake grommet, but found this one slightly more towards the rear of the truck. I had to cut it some, but just siliconed the grommet.

Archived