Anxiously waiting

November 6th I ordered a '14 Sierra SLT/All Terrain in Iridium Metallic; I was told it would be at the dealer on December 19... as of today, the truck is still sitting in Mexico since December 5th with no expected ship date. Is this common? I live in WA and check all the GMC dealer sites almost daily, only 4x2 and bare bones model available. Have yet to see a new one on the road.

I am not sure how common but I ordered on October 17th. Truck was built the week of November 18th. At this point my dealer told me I would likely get the truck 3 weeks later. Unfortunately, the truck sat in Mexico and was apparently shipping from Mexico on December 13th. It is now January 2nd, I just called my dealer and they are hoping to get it today or tomorrow but are not sure. I still have no truck.

I am in Southern Ontario for reference. I am very anxious to get this truck as I have a trade and have been given a value for my trade based on km's. Tired of watching how much I drive in my current vehicle.

I have been without a vehicle since October when an uninsured impaired driver hit me and totaled my Tundra. The investigation is still active so insurance won't pay for a rental until the see the police report, they will not retro back either. It would be nice to have my own vehicle as a bigger rental car cost more than a car payment. LOL.

The dealer has blown all kinds of smoke up my you know what, it would be nice if he just said he doesn't know. First he tells me it has shipped and on schedule, then it's delayed because of the railroad and weather conditions - I told him that's not true, I work for the railroad, I know the process as I often bring cars over the mountain myself. Then he tells me there is a delay at the factory whereas the GMC customer service says the truck is at the port waiting to ship.

I will keep waiting, I know they usually say 4-12 weeks from order time; I have already been waiting 9 weeks, the excitement seems to have already worn off. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I have been without a vehicle since October when an uninsured impaired driver hit me and totaled my Tundra. The investigation is still active so insurance won't pay for a rental until the see the police report, they will not retro back either. It would be nice to have my own vehicle as a bigger rental car cost more than a car payment. LOL.

The dealer has blown all kinds of smoke up my you know what, it would be nice if he just said he doesn't know. First he tells me it has shipped and on schedule, then it's delayed because of the railroad and weather conditions - I told him that's not true, I work for the railroad, I know the process as I often bring cars over the mountain myself. Then he tells me there is a delay at the factory whereas the GMC customer service says the truck is at the port waiting to ship.

I will keep waiting, I know they usually say 4-12 weeks from order time; I have already been waiting 9 weeks, the excitement seems to have already worn off. :)

I ordered mine on October 22 and haven't seen it yet. The 13th week is rapidly approaching.

Sent from my iPhone5s using Tapatalk

Archived