Brought home my new ride this evening!

I got mine yesterday too!! I got my Passport hardwired last night...I dread doing that to a brand new truck. My wife came out in garage last night just about the time I had the A pillar apart and that GIANT fuse block panel off. She didn't say a word...just turned around and walked back in the house. She was probably appalled. :D

Oh yeah, CONGRATS!

LTZtom,

I had the local stereo shop hardwire mine this morning. I'm not the best electrician and they have done really good work for me in the past. It was worth the $30 for me not to have to rip apart the A pillar or worry about messing up the electrical system.

Congrats on your new truck also! It looks sharp.

Attached is a quick photo I took this morning after I got back from having the front windows tinted. Loving the truck so far. I used remote start this morning before I left since it was 30 outside and when I got in the truck the seats were slightly warm to the touch, not hot by any means but they were on. My butt was warm before I got out of the neighborhood. I'm curious to see how the Goodyear SRAs do in the snow/slush mix that we will be getting this afternoon and overnight.

beautiful truck. congratulations!

Thanks for all the compliments! I have had my truck exactly one week and haven't found any issues with it (other than the radio reception which I have now noticed is not near as good as in my previous vehicles). I have already put 600 miles on it and love driving this thing. I had a 1" leveling kit (actually a 1/2" aluminum spacer) installed which actually raised the front just over an inch and the truck now has a perfect stance. I noticed that my truck only had about a 2 to 2 1/2" difference from front to back and I wanted to keep a little of the factory rake for when I am towing.

My Toyo AT2 tires should be going on either Thursday or Friday. They are on backorder but my local tire shop was able to locate a few and is having them shipped in. I am sticking with the stock size of P275/55r20 so that I won't take a huge MPG hit and also don't want any rubbing. The only thing I have since discovered is that the stock Goodyears are about 40 lbs each and the P metric Toyo's are 46 lbs each so I may end up taking a little hit on MPG but all of the all terrain tires that I looked at are all in the 42-50 lb range so that's just the nature of the beast when switching over to A/Ts. I'll post some more pics once I get the tires installed.

Thanks

Archived