Should I go with another 2014 or wait for a 2015 Sierra?

BluByU14 well mine is having the the same problem as your 2014 I'm worried now knowing you are getting a new truck now. Not that I would mind having a new 2015 if they can't fix my vibration problem. I'm taking it in Tuesday for the second time for what I hope they find the problem and a fix.

My truck is a:

2014 Denali 4WD 6.2L

I ordered it mid April picked it up at the dealer on 28 May.

BluByU14 well mine is having the the same problem as your 2014 I'm worried now knowing you are getting a new truck now. Not that I would mind having a new 2015 if they can't fix my vibration problem. I'm taking it in Tuesday for the second time for what I hope they find the problem and a fix.

My truck is a:

2014 Denali 4WD 6.2L

I ordered it mid April picked it up at the dealer on 28 May.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issues that I have had, as well as issues that a lot of members here have had too. My best advice it to remain calm, positive, and firm with the dealer. I simply told that the dealer that I wanted a truck that was "vibration free". If they could give that to me by fixing my 2014 or by getting a me a replacement, I would be happy. I spent nearly 3 months going back and forth to the dealer before they offered to buy my truck back and order me a 2015. From the onset I did let the dealer know that this was a well known issue with these 2014's. They seemed to play it off, but I was persistent in telling them that the vibration/shakes with these trucks are more common than they believe. I referenced some of the stories/cases that have been described here on this forum. They then knew that I wasn't going to just "go away".

I hope you dealer is an advocate for you through this process and can make things right for you.

Please keep us posted with what happens!

Best of luck.

I can't believe with the hundreds maybe thousands of truck exhibiting these symptoms that GM can't find a fix and is still buying back trucks at huge losses. Has anyone ever gotten one fixed yet and I mean anyone own one, not heard of one that a friend of a friends brothernlaws sisters husband had one fixed?

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issues that I have had, as well as issues that a lot of members here have had too. My best advice it to remain calm, positive, and firm with the dealer. I simply told that the dealer that I wanted a truck that was "vibration free". If they could give that to me by fixing my 2014 or by getting a me a replacement, I would be happy. I spent nearly 3 months going back and forth to the dealer before they offered to buy my truck back and order me a 2015. From the onset I did let the dealer know that this was a well known issue with these 2014's. They seemed to play it off, but I was persistent in telling them that the vibration/shakes with these trucks are more common than they believe. I referenced some of the stories/cases that have been described here on this forum. They then knew that I wasn't going to just "go away".

I hope you dealer is an advocate for you through this process and can make things right for you.

Please keep us posted with what happens!

Best of luck.

Well I was suppose to take it in Tuesday but they called me Monday and told me to bring it in on Friday so I'm taking it in the morning there suppose to be a engineer there to check my truck out also. I will keep you updated on how it it goes.

Archived